The Final Act

<Chan POV>

I haven't seen Hyunjin in around 5 days and I'm starting to get worried. He has a meeting with JYP today to discuss his future, I know its going to go well. I managed to persuade PD nim to have a talk with the CEO and allow Hyunjin to return to the group, with a little luck he should be back with us in the next few weeks. I can't wait! He will be such a standout in our new comeback, the concept being one I created with him in mind.

Making my way to Hyunjin's room, I poke my head around the other members' doors to check that they are awake. Felix and I.N are together chatting about something, Changbin and Lee Know are sleepily getting dressed and Jisung is flat out asleep. I made a mental note to wake him up after Hyunjin, after all that man would probably fall back asleep anyway and I'll need Minho's help waking him.

*Knock* *Knock *Knock*

"Hyunjin-ah"

No response. I'm going in.

I push the door open and see the cutely sleeping boy infront of me. His face is all puffy, his eyes red and his hair messy, a small pout was etched on his lips. He looks so cute.

"Hyunjin-ah you have to get up" I whisper quietly, shaking his torso gently. He's grown so small, he's frail and weak. Not the Hyunjin I used to know. Not the boy I fell in love with all those years ago. What went so badly wrong?

"Don't want to" I hear him mumble. Today was going to be rough for him, I knew that. I suppose I just wished he'd miraculously wake up okay again. How stupid of me for thinking that.

"Hyun please" I beg. I can see his complexion change as if he is in deep thought about something. I watch as he gets up slowly and makes his way towards the door but just before he crosses the threshold he stops suddenly.

My pulse quickens as I see his distress.

"Help me" he says, his voice barely above a whisper.

His whole body freezes and I can see his legs shaking slightly. He's having a panic attack. Shit. What do I do? Breathe Chan, breathe. Hyunjin needs to breathe too, I have to help him. I rush over to my friend as fast as possible and reach out to touch his shoulders. I try speaking to him but it's like he can't hear me? He's in some sort of a trance, but he can't breathe. What if I never get through to him? I should call another member, maybe they can help me.

But he stops suddenly. It was as if something shifted in his mind, had he pulled himself out of his panic attack? I watch as Hyunjin gives me a smile and he tells me everything is going to be okay. Why is he telling me it's okay? Why is he telling me everything is going to be alright? He's the one who had a panic attack, not me?! Before I could question him he said

"You're a great leader Chan. Thank you for everything that you do, it means the world to us boys. Keep smiling!"

And I watched as he left his room.

I let him leave.

BIG MISTAKE.

I can hear Hyunjin clattering around in the bathroom and the sound of the shower being turned on. I have to talk to Minho about this... Why was Hyunjin acting so strange? I enter the living room and pull Minho aside, separating him from the rather sleepy Jisung. I feel a sense of urgency to decipher Hyunjin's behaviour, something in my gut is telling me there is something wrong. But what? As we reach my bedroom, I sit on the bed patting a spot next to me for Minho to sit. He does so with a confused look on his face.

"What's going on Chan?"

I tell him everything. Every single detail from mine and Hyunjin's interaction was relayed to Minho and I watch as he gets paler and paler by the minute. The shower was turned off halfway through the interaction and I hear Hyunjin's bedroom door close as I continue to tell MInho.