Chapter Four

Maddie helped Tony get into the little house he was calling home for the moment. She helped up the three-steps and through the front door. She steered him left into the lounge and moved him so he can sit down.

Tony managed to collapse onto his large, comfy, three-seater couch and then placed his head between his knees. Maddie slowly rubbed her hand up and down the back of his white shirt.

"Are you absolutely sure?" He asked her once again.

Maddie rolled her eyes and tried to remember that this was a shock to his system, to anyone's system let alone a man's. "Yes Tony, I redid the test so many times the lab was starting to get annoyed with me."

He glanced up at her, his face pale, but his hazel eyes were bright with unshed tears. "I'm sorry, it's just that a lot has happened recently and, well, what am I going to do?" Tony suddenly burst into tears and willingly goes into Maddie's arms.

"We'll get through this." She whispered rubbing his arms and kissed his head.

"You don't understand, this can't happen, not now."

Maddie could feel her shirt getting wetter, but all that mattered to her was Tony. He wasn't just a patient, he was her friend. "Why not, tell me?" She used her soothing voice, the one that she brought out to all her patients that have bad or shocking news. This should be a happy time, accept, once again, for the fact he was a man.

"I can't. I wish Gibbs was here."

"Why don't you call him?" Maddie suggested which made Tony cry even more.

He couldn't seem to stop, everything from being drugged, to rape and the loss his best friend, to this. Now he carried his best friend's child from that attack. "I can't." He sobbed and just held onto her.

"Tony, it's obvious you need to talk about what has happened to you. We really need to talk about what you are going to do about the baby?"

He looked up at her, his long lashes wet with tears. The confusion was clearly written over his handsome features. "Do?" Tony questioned.

"Yes, do Tony. Do you want to keep it?" Maddie watched him carefully.

"I don't know." Tony whispered.

"Well, whatever you decide I am here for you." Maddie waited for a moment, not sure whether to bring the subject up once more in case it started of the water works again. "Are you going to tell him? The father, the uhhhh other father I mean?"

Tony wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt and sniffed as he moved away from Maddie and sat back. "I don't know he's been through so much I honestly don't know if he could cope with this. I don't know if I can."

"You can Tony, you're strong, and a survivor."

"I'm just so tired, I can't think straight. I needed a break that's why I came here. What am I going to do?"

"Let's get your upstairs, you need to sleep. You can't make any decisions like this. I'll pop home gets some clothes and come back. I'll stay here as long as you need me to."

"Thanks Maddie."

"Come on." Maddie grunted slightly as she pulled him up.

"You're not funny, you do know that." Tony muttered, but a faint smile appeared on his face.

"Let's get you settled." She wrapped her arm around his waist and led him upstairs to his bedroom.

XXXXX

Gibbs screamed and sat up. Sweat pouring down his face. His chest heaving as he tried to catch his breath. He wiped his face with a trembling hand. It was another nightmare. He untangled himself from the blankets that were wrapped around him as he tossed and turned on the sofa. Finally, breaking free them, he flung the covers to the ground.