Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

'I don't think we have to tell Vance much of anything.' Gibbs sat on the bed and held Tony's hand. 'If he notices the change of address, we'll just say we're dealing with what happened between us and your health issues.'

Tony bit at his bottom lip. 'What about your house? Are you going to keep both?'

'No, I'm going to sell it, I now have a reason. Whatever happens between us, I need to make a fresh start. I want to be near you and our children. It is something that Shannon and Kelly would have wanted.'

'Well you figure out what you want to take, and I'll make room. Nothing here apart from the entertainment system is mine. This bed is also new. Once your stuff is here, we can then figure out what else we need. This house is going to be OUR home.'

'Is there a basement to build a boat that all of us can sail on?' Gibbs asked with a grin.

'No, but there is a whopping shed out back that the owner use to fix cars in, will that do? We can do whatever you want to make that a workable boat shed.'

'Sounds like a plan.' Gibbs bent forward and gave Tony a peck on the lips. 'Before the boat, I would like to start making things for the house.'

'That's a brilliant idea.' Tony opened his mouth and yawned.

'I think you need some sleep.' Gibbs chuckled.

'Lay down with me.' Tony pulled on Gibbs hand.

'Ok, ok.' He waited until Tony dropped his hand, and then he walked around to the other side of the bed to lie on the other side. The side that was closest to the door. Gibbs climbed onto the bed and got comfortable on his side. One of his hands rested on Tony's stomach. It wasn't long before the both fell into a deep sleep.

XXXXX

Ducky came back down the stairs to the flock that waited. There was a huge smile on his face

'They're both asleep.' Ducky told them.

'How is Tony, really Ducky?' Ziva wanted to know. She still couldn't get over the fact that the two men were together.

'He is doing better than I expected.' Ducky told them softly. 'I think things will be much easier for him now that Jethro is here.'

'So they're actually together?' McGee's nose scrunched in disgust.

Abby turned and hit him on the shoulder, hard. 'What's wrong with that?'

'It's Tony and Gibbs.' He muttered. 'It's like thinking of Sarah with someone.' McGee shuddered at the thought.

Abby grinned at him as she realised it was the idea of two family members together that he hated. It wasn't that they were two men. As she thought about family, her face became ashen. 'Has anyone called Simon?'

'Yes, my sweet girl I have.' Ducky looked sad all of a sudden.

'What is it Ducky?' Abby asked as she worried her bottom lip.

'Now that our Anthony is safe, he and Michael can now mourn all that they have lost at the hands of Justin.'

Abby felt guilty that they had forgotten everything that the two men had gone through, and then having to relive it. 'I hope they'll be ok.'

'I think they'll be ok. There is a lot for them to look forward to. They have Anthony and Jethro to get to know and of course the two babies after they are born.'

XXXXX

Gibbs yawned, and stretched that was when he felt a body next to him. There was a shoulder beneath his head. Slowly he opened his eyes and looked up into the peaceful face of Tony. He had never seen a more beautiful sight as Tony laying there asleep. Gibbs glanced down at his hand that still rested on Tony's stomach. His children were in there, and he was going to make sure that they and Tony would remain safe and well. No one was going to hurt them. Gibbs rubbed the stomach once more gently before he carefully got out of bed. He didn't want to wake his partner up; it was obvious that he needed the sleep.

XXXXX

Abby jumped to her feet and hugged Gibbs as soon as he walked into the room. He wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly.

'How is Tony? Is he ok? Is he awake? Can I go and see him?' Abby asked as she bounced on the balls of her feet.

'Fine, yes, no, and no.' Gibbs answered, he then kissed the top of her head.

'Jethro, how are you doing with all of this? It is a lot to take in, now that Anthony is back safe and sound?' Ducky asked his old friend as he handed him a cup of industrial strength coffee.

'It's good Duck. Tony and I have talked briefly. We're going to give us a go, and I am going to sell my house, and move in here.' Gibbs grinned at him. Something inside of him had finally let go of all that guilt that had dragged him down. He had another shot at a family.

Tears welled up in Ziva's eyes. She had always thought that her and Tony would have a least tried to be together. It was no longer a possibility, he had moved on without giving her a chance. Ziva had flirted and played the game, but it was obvious that she pushed it too long. With one more glance at Gibbs, she rushed out of the room, leaving everyone there confused to what was wrong.

TBC