Chapter Fifteen

Simon walked into the 'war room' as it had been christened and looked around. He was happy to see that Tony did have friends that cared for him dearly. He and the rest the family were going to do whatever they could do. He wanted to get to know his nephew better. His gaze landed on the older man. Simon could see why Tony was attracted to him; there was something about this Gibbs that drew you to him. Those steely blue eyes seemed to see directly into you.

'Mr Gibbs.' Simon said as he walked to the other man's side.

'Yes,' Gibbs stared at him waiting to know what this man wanted.

'I, uhhhh, would you mind if we talked privately for a moment? There are a few questions I would like to ask, and I would be more than happy to answer any you have.'

Gibbs nodded and followed the other person out. Abby watched them go and then turned to look at Ducky.

'Tony is going to be ok isn't he?'

'Of course he is we're going to make sure of that.' Ducky smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Simon shut the door as soon as Gibbs walked in and turned to him.

'Well,' Gibbs crossed his arms over his chest, 'you wanted to talk to me?'

'You know Tony well don't you.' Simon asked and then realises the situation they were in. 'I meant as a person, he's worked for you for a long time, right?'

'That's right, why?' Gibbs was confused at where this conversation was going.

'Could you tell me about him?' Simon asked. 'I know we're going to get him back, and I see how close you all are. He's my family, and I know nothing about him, but I want to.'

'I first met him in Baltimore,' Gibbs moved to a chair and sat in it smiling at the memories. 'I was undercover, and I needed him to arrest me.' He chuckled.

'Were you the reason he went to NCIS?' Simon sat in a chair opposite and leaned forward soaking in every little bit of information he could.

'I didn't have to tell DiNozzo my plan, he could read me. His partner Danny had no idea what was going on. He didn't put up with my shit then, he still doesn't. If he thinks I am wrong, he says so. There was a...,' Gibbs paused for a moment; 'problem and he had decided to move on. I invited him to NCIS, we were walking through the building him, and I told him I don't waste good, and he was, is good, very good. I pointed behind him, and it was the door to human resources.'

'What did he do?' Simon wanted to know.

'He went in, was accepted and trained up. Once he passed he joined my team.'

'You did all that didn't you?' Simon grinned as he saw the confused look on Gibbs' face. 'I mean you got him accepted and said that he was to join your team, right?'

'Yeah, I knew he was going to be amazing. I told his father once that Tony was the best young agent I have ever worked with, that hasn't changed.'

'You met his father?' Simon's voice cooled at little.

'Unfortunately.'

'You don't like him either?'

'I don't like the way he treated Tony. I hated that fact that they didn't have any kind of relationship so when Tony had the plague no one called his father.'

'He had the plague?' Simon asked to make sure he heard correctly.

'Tony can get into more trouble than anyone I know, he can also get himself out of it.'

'When did you realise that you were in love with him?' Simon wasn't going to say anything as he had heard how Tony had become pregnant. Now, talking with Gibbs there was no hesitation in his mind that this man did love his nephew. The shocked expression was also proof.

'I don't know it just happened so gradually. I've loved him for so long I don't know any other way of being.' Gibbs ducked his head and growled in anger at showing his true feelings to this complete stranger.

'When we get him back, you'd better tell him. I think he would love to know that the man he's in love with loves him back.' With that Simon stood and walked out of the door leaving Gibbs staring at him opened mouthed.

'Hi, I'm Justin, a friend of the families and a friend of Tony's. I hope to be a extremely close friend.' He said smoothly to the room.

Simon winced, this was just Justin's way, but no one here knew that.

'I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one.' Gibbs growled from the doorway.

Tony slowly turned to his side and then placed his hand on his stomach. He had no idea where he was and now was starting to feel sick to the stomach. This wasn't morning sickness, and he knew he had been drugged. He just hoped that it wouldn't hurt his children.

'Jethro,' He sobbed. 'I wish I told you that I loved you and that we are going to have a family. Please don't let me be too late.' Closing his eyes and for the first time in years he prayed. He had stopped after his mother was taken and how his father had treated him. 'If anything happens to me please let the children live. He was and will be an incredible father and will love them with everything he is.' Tony hoped that he would get to see Gibbs again, but he had a dreadful feeling.

TBC