Chapter Fourteen

Everyone now turned to look at her.

'Who are you exactly?' Ziva wanted to know.

'Tony is a very old friend of mine and I, a long time ago, went out with one of his frat brothers. I was the one that found out he was expecting, I am his physician. This person who drugged you both knew more about Tony's family history than he did. It turns out with the right combination of drugs on both partners Tony can and did get pregnant. It comes from his mother's side of the family. Yes, we have been in touch with them, and they are doing what they can to help. They are trying to come up with names of people who knew about the family uhhhh medical situation.' Maddie tried to explain as much as she could do.

Ducky stood as he watched as Gibbs buried his head in his hands. He walked over to his old friend and placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it as he did so.

'Jethro, my friend how are you doing?' Ducky's asked softly.

'It was because how I acted that he couldn't tell me.' Gibbs replied sadly.

'No, Jethro it wasn't like that. Anthony knew that you had to sort you your own mind and heart first. He didn't want to add more stress into your life until he thought you could handle it.' Ducky paused for a moment. 'He also wasn't sure if you would want any children, especially with him.'

'I....to be honest I didn't want anymore. I was scared that I would lose them. Having children with Tony, and them be biological ours, it never even entered my mind.'

'And now?' Ducky asked, Jethro was one of his oldest friends, but his main concern was Tony and the children. The last thing he wanted was for Tony to be in any more stress and it may cause problems for the pregnancy. That was why they needed to find their friend immediately. He had no idea what this situation would do to Tony.

'I need to see him, it hasn't sunk in yet, so I don't know.' Gibbs paused for a moment. 'What are we having?'

'One of each.' Maddie replied and handed the small picture from the scan.

Gibbs ran his finger gently over the picture, and he remembered how happy he was when Shannon told them that they were going to have a baby.

'My children.' Gibbs whispered. He could have the life he wanted and children with the man he loved if only Tony felt the same way. 'We need to find him and now. If whoever took him had hurt Tony or had caused any problems for my children, they will pay for it.' Gibbs growled.

Ziva and McGee looked at each other, not sure what to say

'Are you two ok?' Abby asked, twinning her fingers nervously. She didn't know what she would do if they said no. She loved them both, but her concern was now going to be for Tony and the little ones

'Uhhh, not sure. I think I am.' McGee replied looking extremely confused. 'I'll feel better once we get Tony back and I can talk to him.'

'Ziva?' Abby asked.

'I am like McGee, let us get Tony back, and then we will go from there.' Ziva didn't know what to make of it. She used to think that at some point in the future, the two of them would get together. She had then started to notice how he didn't flirt with her so much; he never gazed at her a little longer than was appropriate. Now, she knew why. With everything that was going on Ziva knew that she would have to talk to Tony privately to sort out what she felt and also what he felt about her, all of this and of course, Gibbs.

'Why don't we head over to his uncle's house, they are setting up an room for us. It will have all the technology we need, and it is also private so no one will know what we are doing.' Ducky suggested. 'It also means that as soon as they find out, or have any thoughts on who could be involved we are all there. We'll obviously have to work around our jobs. Abby has had a family emergency, which I have verified so she will be our main point of contact. Jethro can work with her since; well he has just gotten back and officially is still off on leave.'

'Sounds like a plan Duckman.' Abby said with a grin. She seriously hoped that she wasn't going to lose any of them as friends because of this

Tony slowly came around, his head pounding. He managed to force his eyes open and look around the room. It was plain, nothing special about it.

'Ahhh Agent DiNozzo I see you are awake.' A voice said from a speaker. 'You are much more attractive in person; I think we can get to know each other exceptionally well.'

TBC