Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

'Gibbs, Gibbs.' Abby rushed to his side and shook him awake.

Gibbs opened his eyes, he took deep breaths and tried to slow down his heart that continued to hammer at a fast pace. 'Tony.' He whispered.

'Gibbs?' Abby wrapped her arms around his body and hugged him. 'Did you have a nightmare? Was it about Tony?'

'I saw Tony, he was laid out on a bed, blood dripped from his stomach. I couldn't reach him, them in time. I was too late; I wasn't there when my family needed me. I l collapsed to the floor and looked up. There he was. He was stood over the bed, knife in hand and he laughed.'

'Who laughed?' Abby asked, even though she wanted to scream out that they were going to find them in time.

'Justin.' Gibbs replied simply.

'Justin?' Simon questioned as he looked down at Abby.

'There is something about him, something that has my gut screaming out.' Gibbs wiped the vision from his mind as he looked at Simon. 'What was your relationship with him? I mean exactly, specific detail. You said he made a play for you? What happened before, during and after that play?'

Simon looked at Abby in confusion. 'I don't understand.'

'Gibbs' gut is rarely wrong. If there is something off about Justin there probably is, and if he's wrong we've lost nothing.' Abby hoped that Simon would believe her about Gibbs.

'Ok, uhhhh Justin.' Simon sat down and started to think back as far as he could remember. 'Well, we'd grown up together. To me he was like a brother. It never occurred to me he felt any other way. He'd always been an extraordinarily tactile kind of man. He followed me around, was jealous of my friends. I just put it down to sibling jealousy or a hero worship thing. We never went on dates; well I didn't think they were dates.'

'What do you mean?'

'I went away and met Michael. I fell head over heels in love with him. It was, as they say, love at first sight. The more I got to know him the deeper it became. He felt the same way for me. When we came back, Justin was not happy. He accused me of having an affair, and that I slept around behind his back. To say I was confused was an understatement. I had no idea he felt that way. I tried to explain what he felt was a teenage crush, and that one day he would fall in love and realise it.'

'That is not making a play for you and moving on.' Gibbs muttered angrily.

'I'm sorry Gibbs, but over the years I never thought about it. It just became that, he made a play, and it didn't work, but...' Simon paused for a moment.

'What?' Gibbs growled.

'When I became pregnant Justin was not happy. He went away so angry, but a few days later he came back and seemed happier. I thought that he had just got over it, but a few days later I was in an accident and I lost my baby. I also lost the ability to have children again. Justin was my surgeon, and I always thought that what he said was drug induced. You know, my mind created something so I could place blame.'

'What, will you stop wasting time and tell me.' Gibbs was about to through Simon against the wall and force him to tell him everything, and now.

'I thought he said that he would show me that Michael and I weren't to be, and he had to make sure that a child would not and never be brought up in a relationship like that.' Simon moved away at the look on Gibbs' face.

'What? You didn't think that was important?' Gibbs shouted.

'I had just lost my child, and they had no idea if I were going to survive. I thought it was my mind that created it. I haven't thought about it that specifically in a long time. After that Justin was a bit distant and angry. I thought it was because he thought he failed me, and then he was back to being Justin again.'

'Abby.'

'On it Gibbs, find out everything we know about him. I'll get Tim and Ziva on it as well.'

'Oh god, I can't believe it. He killed my child, and made it so I couldn't anymore.' Simon raised a hand to his mouth, rushed out towards the bathroom. Michael close on his heels. It wasn't long before sobbing could be heard.

Abby stood up, walked over and closed the door.

'If anything happens to Tony and my children, he'll pay.' Gibbs muttered.

'I don't think he will.' Abby said suddenly.

Gibbs turned to look at her. 'What do you mean?'

Abby took a deep breath as those blue eyes seemed to see right into her. She would hate if that look were in anger. 'He has Tony, yet he's still asking personal questions about him.'

'Abigail is correct.' Ducky replied as he moved over to them. 'It seems that this Justin is an obsessive personality. It seems that originally, I think he may have set out to hurt our Anthony. I guess that changed after meeting him, we all know how easy it is to care for him.'

'If he lays one hand on him.' Gibbs turned and stared out of the window. 'Where are you Tony?'

XXXXX

Tony slowly opened his eyes, and tried to struggle away. He was unable to as his hands were tied to the bed.

'My dear Anthony.' Justin whispered as he reached out and stroked a finger down Tony's face.

TBC