Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Tony sighed he was now nine weeks pregnant, and he had his CVS. He discussed things with Maddie, Ducky and Abby and agreed that because of the unusual situation it was the best thing to do. Now he was awaited the results. Tony knew that Abby and Ducky waited from a phone call from him to let them know how the babies were and what sex they were. Tony grinned he was so scared, nervous and excited. Once he knew the sexes he could start decorating the nursery.

The door opened and in walked Maddie. It was her lunch hour, so he had the food on the table and waited for her.

"Well?" Tony asked.

Maddie chuckled. "They are fine, no genetic diseases at all."

Tony sighed in relief, he was so happy about that. "What are they?"

"You're having a boy and a girl." Maddie laughed out loud as Tony paled.

"Oh god, how am I meant to be a parent to either sex, let alone both? Look at who my father is!"

"Take deep slow breaths Tony. It will be fine; I'll be there so will Abby and Ducky. Tony you are a good man, you're going to be a fantastic father." Maddie paused for a moment. "What about Gibbs?"

"No, I'm not telling him, not yet. He is in Mexico trying to get his head together once if he comes back and he is thinking better, then I will tell him. I can't drop this bombshell on him; it might push him over the edge."

"I don't agree, but I will respect your wishes."

"Thanks Maddie, eat up." Tony grinned at her. He was having a boy and a girl. He couldn't wait until he told Ducky and Abby.

XXXXX

Gibbs sighed as he walked into his house; everything had been kept clean and tidy. He had called Ducky before he left to make sure there was some food and necessities when he arrived there.

First of all he needed to rest, and then he needed to find and talk to Tony. That was something he was still worried about. How would Tony react to his declaration? Gibbs knew that Tony was attracted to him, wanted him, but there was nothing about feelings of love.

Gibbs was just too damn tired to think about this now. It would become clearer after some sleep, that was what he had kept telling himself, and one day it would actually be true. He dragged his feet up the stairs and collapsed on the bed fully clothed.

XXXXX

Tony walked outside and over to his car, once there he unlocked the door and opened it. Leaning on the roof he pulled out his cell phone and called Abby. He knew that Ducky would be with here, they were both desperately waiting to hear the results and what sex the twins were going to be.

XXXXX

Abby and Ducky had the phone and speaker and were sitting in Ducky's car. They had gone out for lunch at this time so they could be alone for the phone call.

"So how did it go my boy?" Ducky asked.

"What are we having?" Abby shouted over his voice.

They both grinned as they heard Tony chuckle.

"Well...hey what are you...get off me....Abby, Ducky help....."

Abby and Ducky looked at each other in horror as the line went dead. Ducky immediately called another number.

XXXXX

Maddie ran outside phone in hand and ran over to Tony's car. It was unlocked, the door was open, and Tony's cell was on the ground.

She lifted her phone to her ear. "He's gone."

TBC