Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

Justin frowned as he looked around the room quickly. There was no Tony. He had managed to hide. That was when he heard the click of the lock coming from the bathroom. That was where he had hidden himself. Did he believe that a door between them would work?

'Tony, if you come out now I'll forgive you, and we'll never speak of it again.' Justin waited and waited. 'TONY!' He yelled. The rage started to build up in him, just like it had with Simon.

XXXXX

Tony was now huddled in the bathtub it was the furthest point away from the door he could be. It was also at an awkward angle, so it would be difficult to him with any kind of projectile weapon. He heard the commotion downstairs of a door breaking, and took his chance that it was Gibbs and the rescue squad. He winced as Justin's voice kept getting louder and louder as he got steadily more and more incensed. Tony could hear that he was now starting to lose it out there. All he wanted was for Gibbs to be here with him, and that was when the tears started to fall from his eyes. He wrapped his arms around his stomach as if that could add any more protection for his children.

'Please hurry Gibbs.' Tony whispered.

XXXXX

Gibbs heard Justin scream and couldn't help but laugh. Only Tony could get someone that angry, that quickly. From what he could tell there wasn't of this when he was on the phone with Simon. It also meant that they didn't have long before Justin totally lost it and killed the man he loved.

Gibbs turned to look at Ziva and McGee, he nodded and them and indicated where he needed them. This had to go to plan, there was no other option. It was the only way to keep Tony alive.

XXXXX

Tony winced as a loud bang echoed around him. Justin was behind the door, how long before he could break it down. Tony had no idea if he had any kind of weapon with him or not.

That was when he heard it.

Gibbs.

Tony heard orders to drop the gun. He felt faint at the fact Justin did have a weapon. If he hadn't been in such a craze and if he were thinking clearly, he could have shot he lock off. If that had happened, he might not have been around now.

He heard Justin yell back, and then shots were fired. Four shots were fired. Tony's heart was in his throat, and he hoped that none of his friends had been hurt, especially not Gibbs.

Another bang on the door made it rattle. Tony held his breath and waited. Then there was another loud bang.

'DiNozzo are you in there?' Gibbs growled.

Tony sighed in relief, he was so glad to hear Gibbs' voice. Then he looked down at himself, and where his hand rubbed his stomach softly. That was when he remembered that Gibbs now knew that his senior field agent was pregnant by him. He also probably knew it was twins, and one of each.

Tony jumped back as the door splintered and was flung open.

'Jethro, what are you doing? Ahhh so the man at your feet didn't manage to kill Tony. So you want to give him Tony a heart attack instead.' Ducky complained.

'He wouldn't open the door.' Gibbs replied simply and walked in.

'You never gave me a chance boss.' Tony pouted.

Gibbs reached out a hand, and waited for Tony to take it. Once he did he pulled him carefully to his feet and helped him out of the tub.

'Are you ok Tony?' Gibbs' voice was soft.

'Uhhh I think so. He just drugged me boss.' Tony smiled at him.

'I think we should lose the boss thing, considering the circumstances.'

Tony chuckled. 'Ok, Gibbs?'

'Try again Spanky.'

'Jethro.' Tony bit at his lip trying not to smile. It seemed that he wasn't upset by the babies. He could be waiting until they were alone of course. A hand slapped him gently on the back of his head. 'Hey.'

'Don't be stupid Tony.'

'Let's go Tony.' Maddie barged in and grabbed his arm.

'Where are we going?' Tony asked as he was being pulled along.

'Your house, so I can take some blood etc., and get them tested. That way I can keep an eye on you, and you're also near my practice.' She ordered.

'I agree Maddie, my dear. That is the perfect solution.' Ducky agreed.

Tony shrugged his shoulders in defeat at Gibbs, and that was when he saw Tim and Ziva whom both stared at his stomach. It was as if they could see right into him, and those two people that were growing in there.

XXXXX

Tony was lying on his bed; he was finally alone after being checked over thoroughly by Maddie and Ducky. It was sweet that they cared, but he was starting to feel as if he were being suffocated. There was a gently tap on the bedroom door, and it was pushed open. Once it was open in walked Gibbs.

'Tony, are you ok?' Gibbs' asked his fingers tapping on his thigh nervously.

Tony continued to watch him; it was weird seeing him slightly off-balance. He realised that he hadn't said anything when Gibbs' face was getting that worried look.

'I'm fine Gi....Jethro. Ducky and Maddie have both checked me over. They are currently doing the tests they can, and the others have been sent away. All three of us are thriving.' Tony bit at his lip for a moment. 'How are you doing? Did Mexico help you deal with things? How do you feel about these two?' He patted his stomach. 'I know everything has been thrown at you. I would have told you if you came back and were up to it. I wasn't going to do anything to make things worse for you. You mean too much to me to be able to do that.'

'It did help, Franks will give you a little room, and then if you say nothing he will push. He helped me accept things about myself, things that I found difficult. I had to come back; I needed to make sure that you were ok. You vanished under mysterious circumstances. Now, I understand why.' Gibbs stared at Tony's stomach. 'I don't think it has sunk in yet. I would like to be a part of it if you don't mind?'

'Jethro they are yours as well, of course you can be a part of it.' He stopped suddenly and couldn't seem to look at his ex-boss. Green eyes darted around the room, looking at everything except the man in the room with him.

'Tony say whatever is on your mind?'

'What about us? I mean is there an us?'

'One of the things that I realised that Franks helped me realise was my feelings for you.'

'What are your feelings for me?' Tony asked when Gibbs didn't continue.

Gibbs moved so ended up lying next to Tony on the bed. 'I'm in love with you.'

Tony's smile lit up the room. 'I love you too.'

'It's going to be difficult for us to get to know each other as men, and as equals. I want to give it that time so we can make sure things can work between us.'

'I think that is an excellent idea. I'm obviously here until at least the babies...fuck. We need to find a surgeon.'

'I talk to Maddie and Ducky, I'm sure that we can figure something out.' Gibbs looked around the room. 'It's a beautiful spacious house, large garden as well.'

Tony frowned as he answered. 'Yes it is it was the only place available to rent, then when everything happened I fell in love with it. I made an offer to the owner's and they accepted.

He grabbed hold of Tony's hand that was on his stomach. 'Is it too early for me to move in with you? We don't have to share a bed, or even a room. I just think we ought to spend as much time together as we can before the twins are born.' Gibbs shook his head. 'Twins, we're having twins.'

Tony laced his fingers with Gibbs. 'I think you moving in here would be an excellent idea, Jethro. I do have only one thing to say, what are you going to tell Vance?'

TBC