Chapter Twenty-Three

Tony stretched out his arms and yawned. He hadn't felt this good in ages. He turned to look at the side, and found that he was alone. It was time to get up and see the others. They must have been so worried.

XXXXX

No one could get Ziva to talk. She had gone into the back garden and ignored everyone that went out there. The door opened and in walked Tony.

Tony looked around and noticed their faces. He knew something had gone on while he was asleep.

'What's happened?' He asked.

Gibbs stood, pulled Tony into his arms and hugged him. 'Ziva seems upset about us being together. She's outside and won't talk to anyone.'

'I'll go and try.' Tony didn't want anyone to be unhappy about him and Gibbs. He wanted to go and try to sort things out. No matter the outcome he wouldn't change what he and Gibbs had. They were together and were going to have a family.

XXXXX

Ziva heard footsteps coming towards her. She didn't want to talk to anyone, and she had thought that had been made clear. Ziva looked up and watched as Tony walked towards her. She stared at his stomach, he wasn't showing yet, but in there were two babies growing.

Tony walked over and sat beside her. 'What's going on Ziva?'

She looked over at him. 'I didn't expect any of this.' Ziva waved a hand at his stomach.

Tony chuckled and placed a hand on it. 'Neither did I.'

'I'd thought that one day we'd....' Ziva waved a hand between them.

'Ziva, I won't deny there was an attraction between us.' Tony paused for a moment. 'I've always been in love with Gibbs, ever since Baltimore. There is something about him, everyone sees it. At one point, I thought maybe, there would be an us. You made it clear that you weren't interested in me, and how you viewed me.'

'But you've always been in love with Gibbs even then?' Ziva wanted to know.

XXXXX

Gibbs stared at the door again. He wanted to make sure Tony was ok. He knew that Ziva wouldn't hurt him physically, but she could do emotionally. Tony had already been through enough.

Abby tapped her foot a few more times before she stood up, she couldn't wait any longer. 'Ok, I want to make sure he's ok.'

Tim opened his mouth to argue, but he saw Gibbs stand up as well.

'I'll go with you Abs.'

Tim looked over at Ducky who shook his head. Tim sat back and watched the two of them leave.

XXXXX

'Are you worried about them being alone for too long as well?' Abby stopped and turned to look at Gibbs.

'Yeah, I am. I'm not worried about anything physical.' Gibbs sighed. 'Tony's been through so much as it is. He hasn't had a lot of time to deal with things. Everything has happened so quickly.'

'I'm worried that she'll say something to upset him.' Abby suddenly grinned at him. 'So how are you doing? You're going to be a daddy again?'

Gibbs smiled at her, his blue eyes shone. 'Yes I am.' He hugged Abby tightly. He couldn't put into words how he felt. 'Let's go out and see how they are doing.'

'Yes lets, I do feel sorry for Ziva. She does have feelings for Tony; it must be difficult for her.'

They stopped as they heard Tony say that he had always been in love with Gibbs. Gibbs turned to Abby in shock. She just grinned knowingly at him. Thy moved a little more so they could watch Tony and Ziva. It was obviously an essential part of their conversation, and they didn't want to interrupt.

XXXXX

'Loving Gibbs has become part of who I am. I have loved him for so long I don't remember being any other way. You can't help who you love.'

'But you would have settled for me?' Ziva started to grow angry at what Tony had said.

'No, I also realised that it wouldn't have been fair to you. This is why I don't have serious relationships. I couldn't do that to someone. So if you thought there would be an us, why did you give off those negative signs?'

'I thought that you would wait for me. That you would be there waiting for me when I was ready. Until then, I would keep you interested.' Ziva explained.

'So it didn't matter what I felt for you? You would only talk to me about it when you were ready, and until then you would string me along by keeping me interested and then pushing me away?' Tony started to get extremely angry. 'You can't treat people like toys, unless they like it that way.'

'I have always done it like that. That is how I know if someone is genuinely interested in me.' Ziva stared at him confused.

'Ziva, you aren't with anyone. People like to know that they are cared for, loved. That they mean more than someone you can play with.' Tony looked sadly at her for a moment longer and then turned to walk away.

Ziva stood up, grabbed Tony by the arm and spun him around. She reached her arms up, so they wrapped around his neck and kissed him.

TBC