Chapter 3: Flesh, Blood, and Bone

The employees of I.M.P stood on a rooftop in the middle of a city in the human realm. It was already the middle of the day by the time they had found the place that Stolas was talking about. They could see it from a few buildings over, it's red neon sign gleaming proudly at the end of a narrow street.

The sign read, Devil May Cry.

"Huh, cute name." Millie said, looking down at the small shop.

"And evidently true, judging by our friend, Cry-dus." Moxxie replied with an nod.

"Well this looks like the place." Blitzo said, nearvously looking up at Loona. "Y-You sure I can't change your mind, Loony?"

The Hellhound, however, still seemed fuming mad. Even in her human form, it was enough to make Blitzo nervous.

"Shut the FUCK up!" She huffed in frustration, eyeing Millie and Moxxie with fury. "Let's just get this over with!"

The lead Imp was still nervous, and downright terrified for his adoptive daughter. However, at this point it was perhaps the only way to ensure everyone's survival.

"Well okay, but remember, Loony." Blitzo said, tapping a sniper rifle he had brought with him. "Daddy will be right here in case things go south. Ready to turn that FUCKERS head into a canoe if he even THINKS about hurting my baby." He said, squeezing Loona into a tight hug.

"Ugh!" She cringed, shoving Blitzo to the ground. "Back the FUCK off already! You're gonna fuck this up for all of us!"

"Just looking out for my baby." Blitzo said with a nervous chuckle.

"This is a bad idea." Moxxie said, nervously.

"FUCK you!" Loona snapped, standing on the edge of the roof. "I'll get this fucking guy to agree, then you both can EAT MY SHIT!"

"Wonderful." Blitzo interrupted. "Now, remember, we need him to like us, so be nice, Loony."

"What the fuck EVER!" She groaned in annoyance, before leaping from the rooftop and landing nimbly on the sidewalk below.

She looked up to see Blitzo smiling and giving a thumbs up with the sniper rifle in view. Loona simply rolled her eyes at that and continued down the street until she was mere feet in front of the shop. A small neon open sign hung beside the front doors. However, inside she couldn't quite make it out. The lights inside were dimmed, but not entirely out. The place looked as if it hadn't been renovated in decades, causing her to wonder if this was really the right place.

Nevertheless, she approached the double doors with an annoyed huff. When she opened them, she heard them creak loudly as she walked inside. The soft amber glow of halogen bulbs filled her vision, making it a little hard to see. She looked to her left and saw a pool table under a single light that hung from the ceiling. To her right, stood an old style jukebox that looked like it had seen better days. Then she froze and a shiver ran up her spine when she spotted what was mounted to the wall.

The heads of various demons, on display in plain view.

She could even recognize some of the demons.

Reapers.
Puppets.
A fury.
And even a male Hellhound...

All of them mounted to the wall by knives, axes, or swords.

She recalled what Stolas said about this man, and now looking at this man's trophies, the reality began to set in, that she was in a very dangerous place. Humans would've seen them and assumed they were merely for decoration. However, Loona could tell all too well that they were real. Despite this place being the dwelling of a demon hunter, it looked as if it was occupied by an actual demon.