Chapter 15: Hellhound On My Trail (18+)

A/N: Alright, yeah, it's one of THOSE chapters. Well sorta, I'd say it's half a lemon or a quarter... They aren't fucking, but it's still gonna have some dirty parts, is my point. lmao

Enjoy

Loona wasn't sure what to expect over the next few days. Would anything change? Would it stay the same? She took the first step and put herself out there. Embarrassed as she was from overthinking all the awkward shit she had said, at least she got past it.

The two days that followed, things felt a little less tense. Only in the sense that she didn't have to think of ways to get him to go away. She allowed herself to enjoy her time with him, even if it was at work. He could be funny, when he wasn't being a complete dumbass. Though, that didn't bother her as much anymore.

That's just who Dante was.

Not the type to take many things that seriously.

Though, having to follow Blitzø around while he kills people, wasn't exactly what she had in mind by hanging out with Dante. So, one day after work, she figured she'd drop in on him after work.

And this time, she was determined to not embarrass herself and retreat.

So that night, she went to the living world and headed straight for Dante's shop. When she got there, she could see the lights on and a red motorcycle parked out front. Noticing this, Loona quickly slipped into a nearby alleyway and changed into her human form. Then, with a deep breath, she walked up to the building and entered the shop.

The bell on the door rang as it closed behind her. She didn't see Dante anywhere, however. Instead, sitting on the edge of his desk was a young woman with short brown hair. She wore a white button up and a short pair of shorts. Along her waste line were nearly six large ammo pouches, and a pistol was strapped to each of her thighs.

Loona gasped as the lady immediately noticed her enter and looked right at her in silence. She noticed a long, thin scar running across the bridge of her nose. One of her eyes was blue, while the other was a pale red color.

Loona frozen there for a moment and looked around awkwardly trying to think of something to say. However, all she had was questions. Who was this lady, and who was she to Dante? She felt her stomach drop, thinking for a moment that this was just another Vortex situation.

"Uh..."

However, the stranger cut her off.

"You lost?" she asked, turning to face her body towards her, her eyes suspiciously locked on Loona.

The disguised hellhound looked away, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Uh... I was just..." she stammered. "Just looking for Dante." she shook her head, turning away. "I'll just come back later."

"Oh yeah." the lady said, standing up from the desk, walking right towards Loona. She froze in place, her heart racing in a panic as the woman stood right within arms reach from her. "You're DEFINITELY lost."

"Uh what?..." Loona replied.

The lady slowly took a few steps back, causing a dangerous chill to run up her spine. If she had fur at this moment, it would be standing on end. Casually, she grabbed the grip of the pistol she had tucked behind her back as she saw the lady's hands hovering readily over hers.

"Next time..." the lady said, peering dangerously at her. "You should bring a few more friends."

Loona gritted her teeth and they both drew their pistols at the same time. They both fired a single shot, but both were shocked as their arms were jerked upward toward the roof, causing both of them to shoot into the ceiling.