Chapter 22: Of Gold And Brass

Blitzø and his employees all gathered in the I.M.P meeting room. Behind the Imp boss stood a whiteboard with a crude drawing of Mammon and circus tents on it.

"Alright. Let's go over this one last time." Blitzø said, pointing to the circus tent drawing. "Mammon is having his annual clown competition tonight, so it's our best shot at getting near him."

"EVERY year?" Dante snickered.

"Unfortunately." Blitzø deadpanned.

"There's no way clowns are still THIS popular." he joked.

"Yeah, I'm right with you on that... I don't understand it either, but hey, what the fuck ever. Anyway." Blitzø shrugged, pointing back to the board. "If Mammon knows he's in any real danger, he's gonna bitch on out of there before you can say, cash or credit." he explained. "So we're gonna have to go deep cover on this one."

"I shall do my best to contain my bloodlust." The devil hunter joked sarcastically.

"Uh, sir?" Moxxie began worriedly. "What about Fizarroli? Won't he be there too?"

"Well seeing as he's not fucking dead, I'm gonna say, yeah he'll be running again." The Imp sighed, rubbing his eyes stressfully. "Which means getting back stage is out of the question. We'll have to wait in the crowd."

"Hang on. I don't follow." Dante replied with a shrug, looking between the rest of the employees. "Who's Fizarroli?"

Loona looked up from her phone with disinterest. "Remember that stupid robot clown that you removed from the census?"

"Which one?" He replied with a sarcastic shrug, then waved it off. "I'm kidding. Yeah, what about him?"

"Well Fizarroli is kinda the mascot those things are modeled after." Blitzø explained.

"Like Mickey Mouse." Millie explained.

"Only LESS evil, I'm assuming?" the devil hunter joked.

"Precisely." the boss quickly replied, waving it off. "Anyway, if Fizz sees me at all back there, he'll alert the whole fucking place. So that's a no-go."

"Must be quite a grudge." Dante nodded with an amused smirk, then rolled over to Blitzø in his chair. "What'd you do?" he said, causing the Imp to deadpan with an annoyed groan. So Dante nudged him. "Come on. What'd you do?" he teased, causing Loona to snicker.

"Okay! Cut it out!" Blitzø snapped, then sighed. "Look, it's a long fucking story. We USED to be friends, a lot of shit happened, it was my fault. Etcetera etcetera."

"Damn, cold blooded, Blitzø." Dante teased.

"I DIDN'T fucking mean to, okay!?" Blitzø groaned. "This time I REALLY didn't." he sighed.

Dante deadpanned at him after that. "So you're saying you have a former friend who can potentially get us back stage. HE'S pissed at you... And you won't even TRY to talk it out?"

The Imp raised a brow at that. "What do you mean?"

Dante and Loona deadpanned and shared a brief look, then they looked back to Blitzø.

Without looking, Dante pointed to the door. "Go." he ordered.

The boss looked confused at that. "...but... but I-"

"Ah ah ah." he interrupted with a shake of the head and started escorting him out the door. "I don't wanna hear it. Come on."

After that, they all piled into the I.M.P van, eventually being led by their boss to Ozzie's club once again. Upon parking outside, Dante and Loona shared a doubtful look.