Chapter 21: For Whom The Bell Tolls

A few days after Loona's date with Dante, the I.M.P crew was met with their closest call yet.

It started the same as any other day. Everyone was at their desk, with Millie and Moxxie reading over details for another job. Loona scrolled through her phone out of sheer boredom, while she waited for the phone to ring. Meanwhile, Dante slept at his desk with his feet up, and a book over his face.

It seemed as though nothing exciting was going to happen that day at all. Because of this, the day was dragging on, agonizingly slow. It probably would've gone by faster for Loona, had she been able to do what she wanted to do; talk to Dante.

Among other things...

Luckily, around the middle of the day, they were all surprised by the sound of the office door opening. The employees all looked up, other than Dante, to see a short, Jester-like demon standing in front of the door.

"You got an appointment?" Loona asked with disinterest.

The jester grinned widely at her and slowly shook his head.

"Oh no." he replied with a sinister sneer. "I'm sure I won't be long."

Loona rolled her eyes in annoyance and huffed. "Look, it's appointment only, so-"

"Hey there, my good man!" Blitzø interrupted, sliding between Loona and their potential client. "I'm Blitzø, the O is silent, and welcome to the Immediate Murder Professionals!"

"Ooh," the demon snickered as Blitzø walked over to his office door and opened it. "I feel VERY welcome." Then, the Imp boss looked at him in confusion as the jester pulled out a small decorative bell from his pocket and held it up. "Dinner time!"

The employees all looked up, when the demon rang the bell. For a moment, nothing happened, just silence. Then suddenly the door and windows all burst open and a few reaper-like demons burst into the office right towards Blitzø. Luckily, before any attack could land, the boss was shoved out of the way by Dante, who took all six scythe hits directly to his torso.

Loona gasped instinctively upon seeing this and quickly covered her mouth.

Millie and Moxxie took cover as the jester demon ran out the door, leaving Dante standing there impaled by their blades. Then, just as the creatures tried to remove their weapons, the devil hunter gave the group a hard shove, disarming them, leaving their weapons still stuck in his body.

He looked down at the weapons with a roll of the eyes, then glanced to Blitzø, who took cover behind his desk.

"Is this what a gang bang feels like?" Dante asked jokingly.

"How the FUCK should I know!?" the Imp replied.

Dante looked in front of him to see the demons regaining their footing, dangerously close to Loona, Millie, and Moxxie. He flashed a daring smirk and broke the blades off the scythes stuck in his chest, then looked back at the creatures.

"Hey guys!" he said, holding out all six blades, three in each hand. "Ya dropped something!"

Then raised his arms above his head and flung each blade back to their owner at once. Each one of the creatures were impaled in seconds with perfect accuracy, before turning to sand.

He looked at Loona with a casual smirk. "You guys alright?"

"Yeah." she nodded with a half smile, locked eyes with him.

"Yeah." Moxxie breathed out fearfully

"But that little clown fuck got away!" Millie replied disappointed.

"Well at least we have our heads. FUCK that was close." Blitzø sighed, looking hesitantly at Dante. "I don't know what we'd do without- what are you doing?"