Chapter 9: Night Life Blues

One night as Dante had just returned to his shop after his work day. He took this time to shower, after having a run in with a Fury during one of their jobs. Such a thing was how things seemed to be going for the I.M.P crew. Any time spent outside of a well populated area in hell, was spent being hunted by more traditional demons. In fact, that seemed to be the only constant about the whole case. These demons, for whatever reason, seemed to be avoiding the cities in hell, away from the less hideous of their kind. Though, for now, that seemed to be the only thing he knew about the case. Any clues as to who they were working for, still remained a mystery.

So after a quick shower, he lounged back in his desk chair and kicked his feet back to relax. However, moments after he closed his eyes, he heard the phone ring. If he had any actual business hours, this would definitely be an inappropriate time. So he lazily kicked his heel down on the desk top, causing the phone to bounce lightly from the receiver, before hanging up. He sighed with relief and folded his hands behind his head.

Then, the phone rang, yet again, causing the devil hunter to open his eyes. If someone was being this persistent, trying to get a hold of him. It couldn't have been some random person.

And he had a strong feeling, he knew who it was...

So he rolled his eyes and kicked his heel on the desk again, causing it to soar into the air, before landing in his outstretched hand.

He held the phone up to his ear. "Devil May Cry."

"Heyyy... Dante." Moxie's voice sounded. "Uhm... I know it's after hours, but... we need your help."

"Ah, home invasion, huh?" He replied, nonchalantly.

"No no. Nothing that bad. It's just um... our boss." Moxxie replied.

Dante chuckled at that. "What about him?"

"He's at my house." Moxxie replied, sounding all too frustrated. "I know it's asking a lot, but we just got in bed and... he's a fuckin mess." The devil hunter rolled his eyes and shook his head as he kept listening. "Could you please come over here and-"

"I'm on my way." He sighed as he stood up from his desk. "But you owe me."

After that he tossed the phone back onto the receiver and got ready to go. Then before he knew it, he was knocking on the door to Millie and Moxxie's apartment in hell.

Millie answered the door and he could already tell Blitzø was exhausting them both. Her hair frazzled, and bags forming under her eyes.

"Oh thank fucking Satan!" She groaned as she stepped to the side. "I was about to put him out of his fuckin misery, I swear!"

Dante followed her into the apartment and saw several book shelves with their contents knocked over. A large puddle of vomit was directly in front of their living room couch and the strong smell of alcohol eminated from it.

"Whew." He cringes, fanning his nose as they headed toward the back. "Did he get stood up for prom, or something?"

"Hell, I don't fuckin know." She said, opening her bedroom door, to reveal Blitzø going through their belongings, a bottle of liquor in one hand. "He showed up here talking about a date gone wrong, bitching about Stolas, or some shit."

Moxxie sighed with aggravation. "Dante. PLEASE, get him out of here."

"Oh boy." Dante sighed with an amused shake of the head, before taking a step into the room.

"Stupid FUCKING bird brain bitch." Blitzø slurred as he started rummaging through a jewelry box. "Such a horny little *burp* pain in the ass."

"Alright, Lucky Charms guy." Dante said, grabbing the Imp and throwing him over his shoulder. "Time to go home."