Chapter 7: Harvest Of Souls

Loona sat in the passengers seat of the I.M.P van. However, unlike most times she wasn't clinging to the safety handle for dear life from Blitzo's horrific driving.

Due to the Harvest Moon Festival coming, Stolas had no choice but to take back his grimoire, which meant that all business for the I.M.P crew was on pause until the festival was over. It didn't take much for Millie and Moxxie to be convinced, with the female Imp being FROM the Wrath ring, where they were going. Loona wanted nothing more than to just have the day off, but Blitzo wasn't hearing it. Not only for her safety, but also out of fatherly to bond.

Dante on the other hand was the exception. Being the only one actually there on business, he ultimately found himself roped into riding WITH them, in case they got attacked on the road.

On one condition...

Only HE could drive...

As insulted as the boss was, he couldn't bring himself to argue. The others certainly weren't complaining. In the few days that Dante had worked for I.M.P, he proved himself to be incredible at any task they gave him, but also...

A humongous pain in the ass toward everyone.

As much as he annoyed her, Loona couldn't help but laugh every time Blitzo tried to get him to do anything beyond protecting them. The look on the boss's face was priceless, because he knew Dante was too valuable to get rid of.

Such as their last big job that ended up getting them into a situation with the organization, C.H.E.R.U.B, from heaven. They were determined to save the targets soul, which obviously conflicted with the I.M.P business. So when the confrontation got more intense, Blitzo turned to Dante to settle it, only for him to straight up refuse. In fact, he didn't lift a finger except to deflect attacks from the Cherubs.

The Imp's seemed baffled by his lack of cooperation, but Loona understood it completely. Dante was going to be true to himself and nothing was gonna change that.

She got it, but it didn't make him any less irritating for her to deal with.

By this point, riding shotgun with him driving, she expected it to be full of flirting. However, he was silent for most of the ride.

Dante...

Ever the enigma.

Finally, after a long ride, they arrived in the Wrath ring, which was far different from Imp City. The skyscrapers and city streets were replaced by rural fields contrasted by the blood red sky. The I.M.P van came to a stop in front of an old looking farm house, surrounded by other smaller houses, decorated for the festival. A crowd of Imps gathered between the houses already enjoying the festivities. As soon as they stopped and older pair of Imps came out of the farm house and approached the van.

"Alright, kiddos." Dante said, taking the keys out and tossing them over his shoulder into Blitzo's pocket. "Joy ride's over."

"Is this what it feels like to not be car sick?" Moxxie said to Millie.

Blitzø deadpanned at them as they stepped out. "Hahaha, fuck you." he said sarcastically.

Upon seeing the older couple, Millie lit up with excitement and rushed over to them.

"Mama! Daddy!" She said hugging them both tightly.

"Yeee-haaawww!" her father said ruffling her hair, "How's my deadly little pumpkin spice doing?"

"I'm good, pa!" she replied excitedly. "Thanks for letting us stay here for the harvest jamboree!"

"It's no trouble." her mother replied, "We know you aren't making as much anymore since y'all went 'freelance'."