Chapter 13: Big Trick Energy

The following day, Loona came to work, not necessarily ready to work, but ready to keep herself busy to make the day go by as quickly as she could. However, much to her disappointment, Blitzø actually didn't have anything for her to do. It was to be expected as they had only just arrived, but it meant that she would have to sit at her desk as she normally did and simply take calls.

That would invite Dante to talk to her as usual.

And that only made things much... much harder for her.

So, she sighed to herself and pulled out her phone and started scrolling. Then she heard footsteps and groaned to herself, peeking up to see Dante.

"Not much of a morning person, huh?" he said, leaning against the corner of her desk with his arms folded, a friendly smirk across his face as usual.

She felt her face go red a bit, then she took a deep breath and looked back to her phone. "No, but I can see YOU are." she replied sharply.

"Heh," he shook his head with an amused grin. "Nah, I'm barely even a person." he joked.

She nearly laughed at that, but instead rolled her eyes and lifted her phone in front of her face.

"Since you're here, I'm assuming you know where you need to look in the Greed ring?" She asked sharply.

He gave her a curious smirk, noticing her tense demeanor.

"Not really " he shook his head nonchalantly. "Turns out damn near everyone in that hole will take on a hit." he shrugged, folding his arms. "So I might just have to question them all." he leaned over, flashing her a flirtatious smirk. "I know how much you like to watch."

She blushed again at that, feeling her heart raced a bit faster. She couldn't decide how to respond. She shouldn't entertain him, but when it came to insults, her mind was drawing a blank.

What was she to do?

So she did the only thing she could think to do and got up from her desk with an annoyed huff.

"Blitzø I'm taking a break!" she called out, shoving Dante out of the way, before leaving the office.

"Okay, just don't go far from the building!" her father called out.

"Whatever!" she called back.

After that, Loona went straight downstairs to the side of the building and lit a cigarette. After inhaling a few puffs, she pressed her back to the wall and slid down to the ground with a stressful sigh. After pulling out her phone, she started scrolling through her Sinstagram while enjoying her smoke.

However, he moment of silence was cut off when she was visited by the very person she was trying to avoid. Dante walked out the front door and stretched his arms upward a bit with a pleasant sigh. Once she caught glimpse of his signature pattern of red and white, he eyes immediately darted up from her phone.

He quickly noticed her cloud of smoke and found her to his left, causing a flirtatious smirk to form across his face.

He fanned the smoke out of his face with an amused grin as he approached her. "Can't imagine you came out here for fresh air, huh?"

"Uh... nope." she replied, putting out her cigarette as she stood back up and started walking away. "Just peace and quiet." she replied, sharply.

"No worries." he replied coolly. "I understand COMPLETELY."

Loona brushed quickly past him and started down the street away from him. She quickly noticed him walking beside her, causing her to blush and her tail to wag.