Chapter 20: Paint The Town Red (18+)

The following night, Loona was rather anxious that she was going out with Dante. Even though, they had hung out before, and even had their fling. However, now there were new problems on her mind.

How would this ever work?

Dante was a half human, who had killed thousands, perhaps millions of demons, for all she knew. Then, there was Loona herself, being a Hellhound and basically property, meant she didn't get a choice like this if Blitzø forbade it. She would be left to rebel in secret, and that's not what she wanted out of an actual relationship with anybody.

Even so, when it came time to go home for the night, she couldn't help but be excited. All day she thought over her story to tell Blitzø, claiming she was going out with Queen Bee again, which was the only reason Blitzø was okay with her going. Once again, she got an excuse to wear her red dress that she last wore to Bee's party. As she checked herself in her mirror, she smiled at the thought that she would get a better excuse to wear it than she had last time.

After that, she left her room and went out the door, waving to Blitzø, who was half passed out on the couch.

"I'm going out." She called out.

"Alright, be safe." The Imp replied in a drunken slur.

After leaving their apartment, she started walking towards the I.M.P building, intending to steal the Grimoire and meet at the Devil May Cry shop. However, after walking three blocks from her apartment, she was startled by Dante waiting sround the corner of the building, casually leaning against the wall.

"Shit!" she breathed out, "You just show up out of nowhere, don't you?"

"No, actually I camped out here for hours." he shrugged sarcastically.

"Fuck, dude." she chuckled as they started walking side by side. "I can't tell if you're joking or not."

"And the mysteries keep on piling up." He joked with a sly smirk. "Truth is, this was the closest I could get to picking you up."

Loona blushed at that with a flattered smile.

Then she played it off with a roll of the eyes. "Well you scared the shit out of me, asshole." he joked, and both of them flashed each other and amused grin.

"My apologies, doll, and might I just say... you look exquisite in that dress as always." he replied with a flirtatious grin.

Loona blushed at that. "Well... thanks." she replied with a bashful smile.

"So." he began, "What sorta trouble did you feel like getting into tonight?"

"Well, shit, uh..." she stammered for a moment. "I don't know, men usually just take me to get shit faced, then back to their place."

"Nobody ever asked what you wanted to do?" He grinned.

She looked off in thought for a moment, then shrugged. "No.. I guess not."

"There's always a first for everything." He smirked, then stopped and bowed in an over exaggerated manner. "Lead the way."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head with an amused grin, before grabbing him by the hand.

"Alright. I think I might know a place." she replied.

After that, she lead Dante a few more blocks by the hand, her tail wagging all the while. Then, finally, they came across a small restaurant, so small it didn't even have a sign out front. There were only two windows showing the inside with next to no customers inside. When they walked inside, they got a better look of the place, showing a bar on the right side of the dining room. Further to the back were rows of round booths.