Chapter 5: Loony Land

The following day, the employees at I.M.P went to work, the same as usual, for their first day with Dante as security. After Dante saved Loona's life the previous day, things seemed a little less tense for the Imp's. However, Loona was the only one who knew just how safe they were.

She peeked up from her phone and glanced over at Dante's desk, where he lounged back in his chair with his feet propped up and a magazine over his face. Despite his care free and down right lazy appearance, he tore through that demon like it was nothing. He even appeared to be toying with the creature while doing it.

It was an incredible display, for sure, but Loona wasn't the least bit thrilled about being saved by him. After her first impression of him, she hated that he got the satisfaction of saving her life. She hated that she blushed like an idiot and even THANKED HIM.

She growled to herself with a defeated huff and rested her chin in her hand. However, she immediately felt a sting in her upper arm, from the pressure.

"Fuck!" She winced in pain under her breath, clutching the poorly wrapped wound on her upper arm.

"Still hurting, huh?" Dante said coolly without looking up from his nap.

Loona glanced over at him, surprised that he would even ask about that. She saw him smirking underneath the magazine and instinctively growled under her breath in irritation.

"Shut the fuck up." She hissed, looking back to her phone. "I can handle a simple flesh wound."

He chuckled at that. "Lying on the ground is a funny way to handle it."

Loona's fur stood up on end and she stormed over to him, snarling. The magazine that lied across his face fell to the floor and Dante glanced up at her with an amused smirk.

"I can handle myself just FUCKING fine!" She hissed, getting in his face. "Do NOT fuck with me!"

Dante held his hands up at that with an amused smirk. Loona stood over him, panting, ready to maul him at any second.

"Just saying." He said with a chuckle, then folded his hands behind his head, back to his relaxed manner. "Everyone needs help at some point. It's no big deal." He shrugged.

She rolled her eyes at that. "Shut up." She hissed, looking away in annoyance.

She stormed back over to her desk and Dante simply shut his eyes again and went back to sleep. She sat down with a huff and started unwrapping her arm, then she started rewrapping it. However, this time was much more painful, causing her to drop the bandage on the floor.

"Fuck!" she hissed under her breath and quickly picked it back up.

Finally, her eyes fell on Dante again. She gritted her teeth with annoyance and knew that she did need his help.

So with an annoyed sigh, she spoke up. "Hey..." She said, blushing hesitantly. Dante merely peeked one eye open with an amused smirk. Loona sighed again in annoyance and held out the bandage. "Can you help?"

Dante merely chuckled and slowly rose to his feet, before making his way over to her. As he crossed the room, he maintained eye contact the entire time as he always did, causing her heart to race a bit as he drew closer. Finally he sat down on the edge of her desk and grabbed the bandage from her.

Loona rolled her eyes and looked away after offering her arm. "Don't look so fucking pleased with yourself."

Dante slowly unwrapped the bandage to check the cut and chuckled without looking away. "Heh. Nah, I just think you're funny, is all."

She flashed a dangerous glare at him, which only amused him more. "Oh so I'm fucking FUNNY now, am I? You really are fucking with me."

Dante chuckled again as he grabbed a nearby rag and dipped it in a glass of water. "Yeah, can't lie." He looked up from her arm and smirked as he made eye contact. "You're cute when you wanna eat my soul."