Chapter 14: Ouvres-vous

Loona sighed to herself as she stood beside an open portal in the I.M.P office. She blankly scrolled through her phone, while the sounds of the three Imp's fighting could be heard on the other side. Dante stood beside her with his arms folded and an amused grin as loud crashing could be heard beyond the portal.

"You sure you're good?" He called into the portal with an amused grin, hearing the three Imp's struggling to dispatch the human's guard-dogs, which wound up being a fully grown tiger in the man's back yard. "This life support raft is still fully functional."

"Nah fuck that!" Blitzø shouted back, evading the animals swipes. "I can kill shit too- fuck!" he shouted, jumping away from another strike

"Before it kills you, hopefully." Dante chuckled in response.

"Uh sir!" Moxxie shouted in panic. "I think I'm gonna have to agree with him! There's nothing wrong with getting a little help!"

"No need, Moxx!" Blitzø waved it off, readying a fire axe. "We're professionals!"

Dante shook his head with an amused chuckle and looked back at Loona.

"Should I help them?" he asked.

Loona rolled her eyes, not looking up from her phone and shook her head. "There's no point. The only thing that'll hurt is his ego."

"His ego?" Dante chuckled.

"I guess finding out you're half demon, made him think he's somehow capable of keeping up with you." She snickered.

Dante laughed at that and shook his head. "He gets an A for effort." he joked, then smirked right at her. "A fool's errand, admittedly."

"Try telling him that." she replied.

More crashing could be heard, followed by the roars from the Tiger. Loona rolled her eyes as they could hear the three Imps swinging at the beast and throwing any object they could think of, followed by Blitzø's panicked cursing. Just then, she got a text from Vortex, which caught her completely by surprise.

She quickly opened the message and it read, 'Hey girl! A bunch of us were gonna hit this new club that just opened up in Gluttony! Thought you might wanna go.'

She bit her lip as she thought about it for a moment. On one hand, she didn't want to have to sit through Vortex and Bee and what they had going on. On the other hand, this was exactly the opportunity she needed to distract herself from everything going on. Not only from the job alone, but from Dante as well.

Try as she might, she still found herself thinking about him day after day. Perhaps, even more so, now that she knew he wasn't entirely human. Try as she might not to engage in conversation with him, he made it nearly impossible with his charm and irreverent sense of humor. Perhaps going out and doing something normal people her age would do was a good idea.

She with a hesitant sigh, she typed her response.

'Sure! That sounds great!' she replied. 'What's the place called?'

She waited for the response, hearing more tiger roars, before the final strike from an axe, finally killing the tiger. A few seconds later Millie, Moxxie, and Blitzø emerged from the portal, covered in scratches, their clothes torn. Blitzø immediately sat down in his desk chair with a sigh of relief as his other Imp employees went back to their desks.

Finally, Vortex's response came through.

'Its called Styx and Stones.' he replied. 'Hope to see you there.'

"G-Great work out there!" Blitzø said with a pained groan.

Dante chuckled and shook his head with his arms folded. "So how'd it go?" he teased.