Chapter 23: The Offer

A/N:

Yes. I'm still here. Lol my apologies.
:
:
:
:

The next day, couldn't have been quieter at the I.M.P office. With the news of Mammon's death no doubt spreading to all of Hell at this point, Blitzo and the other imps took cover under their desks. The blinds were closed and the lights were off all day. The only ones who weren't hiding were Dante and Loona, who sat at their desks with little concern.

"Shit, why did I fucking let you get me into this?" Blitzo said shakily.

"Cause they were trying to kill you." Dante replied nonchalantly, his face buried in a magazine.

"Do you think anyone knows it was us?" Moxxie whispered to his wife.

"The only one in the spotlight was me." Dante replied with an amused smirk. "Thats why I did it."

"Right... THAT'S why." Loona deadpanned, fighting the amused grin trying to form on her face.

"I'd say my show was a big hit." Dante nodded with an amused chuckle.

"But now they're gonna have to get a new prince of Greed." Millie replied fearfully. "Y'all think they won't be pissed about that?"

"Do I care?" Dante shrugged with an amused grin.

"Thats the PROBLEM!" Blitzo shouted from his office.

"Relax." Dante laughed with a shake of the head. "That's the least of your problems."

"Seriously, Blitzø." Loona said. "I don't think spending the night HERE is really necessary. They think he works for Ozzie."

The imp boss poked his head out of his office at that with a surprised look. "Shit, really?"

"Yeah." She nodded, looking at her phone with an article on her Sinstagram. "Says so right here."

The other employees shuffled across the office at that, looking over Loona's shoulder, to see a picture off Ozzie and Fizz next to a picture of Dante.

"Battle between the sins ends in violence." Moxxie read the title of the article aloud. "Shit, you're right."

"Well hot damn, isn't that lucky?" Blitzø sighed with relief.

"Maybe I should've shaken that chicken headed bastard down for some cash." Dante shook his head with a joking sigh. "Opportunity missed."

"Ah what a shame." Blitzø replied sarcastically as he opened the front door. "Everyone out, I'm tired from panicking all fucking day and now I need a fucking nap."

"Hot damn!" Millie chimed, skipping out the door with Moxxie in towe.

"What a shame." Dante purred to Loona under his breath. "I was beginning to enjoy the view."

The Hellhound kicked him in the shin at that, scolding him silently not to flirt in front of Blitzø. Though, that only made her adoptive father seem even more suspicious, though he didn't say anything.