Chapter 4: Taste The Blood

"Alright, Dante!" Blitzo said, putting in his business voice. "Welcome to the Immediate Murder Professionals. I'm Blitzo, the O is silent." Dante smirked in amusement at the back of the room, his feet propped up on the table. Blitzo continued and turned to his two employees. "These two are Millie and Moxxie. Now, the job that we are hiring you for is as a security enforcer."

Dante folded his arms and nodded with an amused smirk. "Uh huh?" He replied, a bit disinterested.

"Normally we'd have our hellhound for security, but as you well know we require some... extra muscle." Blitzo explained and turned to Dante. "That's where you come in."

"So, what?" He shrugged, "You want me to kill a bunch of humans on your little hit list until the dragon shows up?" He pointed to the white board. "Cause that ain't happening."

Blitzo froze and looked back at the board, which had a crude illustration of a demon killing a human on it. The lead Imp gave a nervous chuckle and quickly wiped the board away.

"No no no." He replied, quickly. "That's OUR job. All we need YOU to do, is make sure no vicious creatures try to crush our bones into dust, okay? Sound good?"

Dante shrugged at that with a smirk. "As long as the money keeps coming... and I get to kill SOME demons."

The three Imps all gulped fearfully at that, still unsure as to whether they could actually trust Dante.

"R-Right." Blitzo stammered, sweating nervously. "U-Uhm do you have any questions for us?"

He looked off in thought with a wide grin, still relaxing with his feet up. "Yeah. Now that you mention it." He pointed over his shoulder. "The goth chick-"

"NOPE!" Blitzo interrupted. "NOPE nope nope. My Loony does not NOR WILL SHE EVER have a boyfriend, okay? Okay."

Dante chuckled at that and shook his head in amusement. "I don't give a damn about that." He waved it off.

Blitzo was surprised at that. "You don't?"

"Nah." he shook his head nonchalantly. "I was actually gonna ask..." He looked at him with confusion. "How did you?... Ya know." he asked with a knowing look.

The lead Imp deadpanned at that. "She's adopted, dip shit."

Dante nodded at that with an amused smirk. "Makes sense."

"Uh sir." Moxxie interrupted nervously. "Are we not gonna address the elephant in the room?"

Blitzo was confused at that. "What elephant? What room?"

Millie and Moxxie glanced nervously at Dante, who gave an amused smirk and waved from across the room.

"Okay, sir." He continued. "I CAN'T be the only one who thinks this is a REALLY bad idea."

Blitzo raised an eyebrow with a nervous gulp. "W-What ever do you mean? hehe." Then he mumbled under his breath. "Shut the fuck up, Moxx."

"I mean he IS right." Millie added. "He DOES hunt our kind."

"Millie... was it?" Dante said from across the room.

Millie stiffened up at that and gulped nervously. "Y-Yeah."

"Listen." He chuckled. "As much as I enjoy bullying demons. Fighting a bunch of Imps would be the same as fighting a bunch of toddlers." He shrugged. "No offense."

They all seemed offended by that.

"Bull fuckin shit!" Millie scoffed. "Ain't no way in hell!"

They all looked at each other with confusion.