Chapter 19: Raining Blood

Coming to work the next day was absolutely nerve racking. Not only because of her little fling with Dante, but also because she now had to hide it from everyone; mostly Blitzø.

This was the last thing she wanted to deal with.

Not the way she wanted to spend the aftermath of the greatest sex she's had in a while.

She barely had time to even think, let alone speak to Dante about it again.

So needless to say, when she walked through the door, the antics of anyone else went completely over her head. She ignored Millie and Moxxie, going straight to her desk to scroll through her phone.

Though, she wasn't paying it any attention.

Instead, she stared off into space, biting her lip as she replayed the previous night over and over again. His strong body against hers, the way he let her lead despite his previous behavior.

How would he act when he came in that morning?

Would she get the cold shoulder like so many before him? Or worse, would he try to make a move in front of Blitzø? She couldn't figure out which she dreaded more.

She soon found out as Dante was the last to arrive at work, walking through the door with a casual stride as always.

"Mornin, little devils." he called out.

Millie looked up and waved. "Morning!"

"Hey!" Moxxie added, before going back to what he was doing.

Dante finally glanced over at Loona with a casual smirk. "And how are YOU this morning?" he replied with an amorous grin, leaning over her desk.

Loona's face went red at that and she stiffened up. Her eyes trailed across his face and down his neck. Down his forearms and hands, remembering how it all felt against her. She could feel her thighs trembling at the very thought. Then she glanced over to notice Blitzø peering suspiciously through his office curtains.

Fuck.

She hadn't considered what she was gonna do at work.

She would've at least wanted to TALK to the guy about it, but she knew Blitzø was dead serious about what he had said to her. Even though she didn't care about that, she knew that the consequences could cost her her job or possibly even more.

So with a frustrated sigh, she stiffened up and looked back at the devil hunter. "I'm fine." she said, trying not to sound too friendly. "Do you mind? I'm working?" she asked with an apologetic look.

Dante smirked in amusement and held his hands up. "Hey, don't let ME stop you"

He flashed her a wink as he headed over to Blitzø's office. Then, he knocked rhythmically before opening the door and poking his head inside. Upon seeing him, Blitzø looked up and nodded.

"So, you decided to show up to work." Blitzø replied, with his arms folded disapprovingly.

Dante merely waved it off as he leaned against the wall near his desk with his arms folded. "Don't sweat it." he replied. "I had some shit to take care of."

"Well at any rate, Loona told us what Lucifer said." he replied. "Do you think this Mundus guy is the one that's after us?"

"As far as I can tell." Dante shrugged. "He was kinda vague with the details."

"Okay, so do you know where this guy lives?" the Imp asked.

"Sadly no." Dante sighed. "Otherwise I probably wouldn't have showed up today either."