Chapter 17: The House Of The Serpent

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!" Blitzø shouted fearfully, kicking over his desk chair. "FUCK my FUCKING life!!"

"Blitzø!" Stolas said, trying to get the Imp's attention.

"I mean, HOW THE FUCK did this happen!?" the Imp continued his rant while his employees watched from the sidelines. "I mean, I know I'm not the GREATEST, but FUCK, I don't deserve THIS!"

Stolas rolled his eyes and shook his head, before walking over to him and shaking him by the shoulders.

"BLITZØ!" Stolas shouted.

The Imp swatted his hands away. "The FUCK do you want now!?"

"I understand you're scared." Stolas said more calmly. "But you need to relax."

"RELAX!?" Blitzø shouted in a panic. "How the fuck am I supposed to relax when the king of hell is coming to rip all our heads off!?"

"Yeah, fuck you!" Moxxie shouted while hyperventilating into a paper bag.

"What am I, chopped liver?" Dante shrugged with an amused grin.

"Look, no offense, Dante, but this isn't some average run-of-the-mill demon, this is LUCIFER!" Blitzø shouted. "Probably one of the oldest and strongest beings in hell!"

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that." he joked

"While you do bring up excellent points, my darling." Stolas said, looking off deep in thought. "There is still something that bothers me."

"What? That you're about to be fucking dethroned?" Blitzø hissed.

"No, actually it's because I haven't been." Stolas shrugged, causing the Imp's to look at him, curiously. "Lucifer is the ruler of hell, if he wanted us gone, we'd be gone. He wouldn't need Striker and some illegal abominations in order to do it."

"But that's what the dragon motherfucker said, right?" Blitzø looked to Dante.

The devil hunter nodded. "That's right. Y'all heard it."

Loona peered at him curiously, after that. It was true that the dragon spoke of a prince of darkness, but that wasn't ALL it said. That thing called Dante by a different name. It called him Sparda.

Maybe it was mistaken...

But, as Stolas said before, hell dragons were known for their photographic memory.

So Dante was lying about who he really was?

The thought alone pissed her off to no end and she hoped with everything she had that it wasn't true.

"Yes, BUT." Stolas began, "The only place I've EVER heard Lucifer called the Prince of Darkness, was in stories and song. And also, why would he hire a race of creatures that HE ordered for extermination?" he rubbed his temples stressfully. "It just doesn't make sense, ANY OF IT."

"Sounds like your king's crown is a little crooked." Dante said, rising from the couch. "Why don't y'all stay here..." he said, turning and walkong out of Blitzø's office. "And I'll go straighten it for him."

Loona's eyes widened at that in a sudden panic. She had so many questions about him and the thought of him going off alone and not coming back didn't sit right with her. It made her stomach ache at the very thought.

So without even thinking about it, she found herself jumping up to follow him.

"Loony NO!" Blitzø protested, chasing after her.

Dante stopped in the middle of the office and looked back at her.

"This job is no place for pretty girls." He replied, before waving her off. "Why don't you kick back and relax for this one."