Chapter 10: Soul-Struck

Loona sighed to herself as Blitzø attempted to have a so called, "talk" with her. However, despite the event being literally marked on the calendar, now that it was actually here, it seemed completely pointless. As Blitzø started the conversation, it became quickly apparent that whatever grievances they had about her, hadn't applied for several days, which puzzled Blitzø.

"Do you have an actual point to this conversation?" she sighed as she scrolled through her phone with disinterest.

"Yeah uh..." He paused, looking off in thought. "Huh. Now that you mention it, you seem to be in a much better mood lately. More or less. What's that about?"

She rolled her eyes and shook her head at that. "I don't know what the fuck to tell you. Maybe I just don't have the energy for your shit anymore."

"Huh." Blitzø hummed to himself curiously. "Well whatever the reason, I'll take it. Good work, sweetie, I'm proud of you!"

"Ugh, whatever!" She replied with a roll of the eyes.

"Sir!" Moxxie protested. "This isn't what I meant by putting your foot down."

"Well I can't exactly do that without a good reason, now can I Moxx?" Blitzø replied.

"Just because she's somewhat docile for a few days, doesn't mean it's a permanent thing." Moxxie replied.

"Oh my God, will you shut the fuck up already?" Loona groaned.

"Yeah, seriously, Moxx, I think you DO need to just shut the fuck up." Blitzø replied.

Meanwhile, Dante sat at his desk, with his feet propped up, watching the whole thing in amusement. When, suddenly unbeknownst to the rest of them, he spotted a familiar bird like demoness, sneaking into the room, before making her way towards the back office. He immediately recognized her as Stolas's daughter, Octavia, trying to cover her face with her tail feathers, which he found curious. So, rather than saying anything, he got up from his desk and followed her into Blitzø's office.

When he entered he spotted the princess going through the Imp's safe, before she pulled out Stolas's grimoire. Dante glanced back to see that Moxxie, Blitzø, and Loona were still arguing. So, he quietly shut the door behind him and leaned against the wall with his arms folded.

He cleared his throat, before saying. "Well look what we have here. It's Hell's worst ninja."

Octavia was startled and spun around with a gasp, clutching the book tightly to her chest. She looked around, nervously as she tried to come up with an excuse.

"Uh... I uhm..." She stammered. "I can explain."

"I'm sure you can." He replied with disinterest. "Then again, I wasn't really asking."

"Are you gonna tell them?" She asked, worriedly.

"Well." He shrugged. "Seeing as how they need that thing in order to pay me..."

"Please." She said. "I was gonna give it back. My dad flaked on seeing the stars with me, as usual. Even though we've planned it for so long. So I figured I'd just go see them myself."

"That's a shame." He sighed. "At least you HAVE a father. Not everyone could say the same."

Via rolled her eyes at that. "Yeah, a pathetic father, having a weird affair with your creepy boss. As well as a spiteful mother, who only wants to see him dead." She deadpanned at the devil hunter. "I must be the luckiest girl in the world."

Dante nodded his head, looking off in thought for a moment. "Huh... Interesting point."

She glanced up with a hopeful look. "So... You WON'T tell them?"