Chapter 12: The Heart Of A Killer

One evening, just as the work day was winding down and coming to an end, Loona was cut off from her texting at her desk, when Blitzø emerged from his office. She glanced up, noticing Millie and Moxxie packing up their things for the day. Dante sat on the edge of his desk, staring absently out the window as he waited for everybody else.

She groaned to herself, when she noticed her adoptive father walk right past everybody, and towards her instead.

"Hey Loony." He said in a hushed tone, "You uh, got a minute?"

She rolled her eyes at that. "Ugh, what did I do this time?"

Blitzø sighed before motioning for her to follow him. "My office."

What the fuck did he want this time?

She didn't even do anything.

With a groan, she got up from her desk and followed him into his office, with him closing the door behind them and closing the curtains. She sighed in annoyance and sat in front of his desk, waiting as he went to his seat.

"What do you want now?" She sighed.

"Nothin." He shrugged nonchalantly. "I just wanted to know how your night with Dante was the other night?"

She glared at him in confusion.

"What ABOUT it?" She scoffed. "For your information we went to shake down that asshole, Asmodeus. So... You're welcome."

Blitzø's eyes widened at that with a smile. "Oh shit, did you really?"

"Yeah, dumbass." She deadpanned. "I was just work."

"Just work, huh?." he nodded with a blank stare of disbelief. "Oh SURE. Sure." Then he snapped. "That's the biggest load of shit I have ever heard!"

"WHAT!?" She snarled furiously, her hair standing on end.

"You think I'm blind, Loony?" He replied. "I'm your father!"

"Adopted!" She corrected with an annoyed eye roll.

"Doesn't matter." He argued with a shake of the head. "My point is, you LIKE this guy!"

"Fuck off!" She snarled. "I DO NOT!"

"If you didn't, you'd still be talking to him... well, like this." He said, throwing his arm up.

"That doesn't mean SHIT!" she hissed. "Maybe he's just not as annoying as the rest of you!"

"Aha!" Blitzø pointed at her.

"Oh, suck a dick!" She growled.

"Look, maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong." Blitzø sighed with a shake of the head. "Point is, we need to keep our distance with this guy. He kills THOUSANDS of our kind every month!" she growled to herself and folded her arms, looking away, but he continued. "You've seen how he enjoys doing it!... I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"Well there's NOTHING to it!" She snapped, clawing into the top of his desk, ready to explode. "So shut the FUCK up, and get off my ass!"

She shot up to her feet, knocking over her chair in the process, before storming out of the office, then out of the building entirely.

"Son of a bitch." Blitzø groaned to himself, rubbing his temples stressfully.

Meanwhile, Loona stormed down the street, still fuming mad from her father's confrontation. Blitzø was just making assumptions, she was certain of it. She didn't like him like that, and she knew all too well how he treated demons. Hell, he even had the head of a hellhound mounted on his wall. She knew he was dangerous, before any of them did.