Chapter 23: Lost

The giant, Ultraman Roc as the civilians knew has fallen from the fatal strike from Mungorus. He slowly opened his palm and relieved to see Ellen is unharmed. The woman looked at the giant in concern manner and noticed how he simply smiled in content despite the injuries he just received.

Mikazuki spatted out a huge mount of blood, but he ignored his own condition and smiled to the woman in front him. He managed to save her. That's all that matters to him.

He could feel that he's running out of time, and there's nothing he can do but accept fate in peace. He can't wait to rejoin with Shinji and his mother and tell them what he's been through in his life.

However, he still has so many regrets. One of them is that he won't be able to see Shido graduated from high school and grow up as a man. There's still so much he wanted to do before meeting his demise, but death is inevitable.

Before he accepted his fate completely, he looked into Ellen's eyes and gave her his last words. The words that will help her in the future like how they did for the Dunamists.

"Akira..me.. na..."

Mikazuki closed her eyes with a smile of peace as Roc's light on his eyes faded with his Color Timer stopped blinking.

Tears fell from her eyes. The last time Ellen shed a tear for someone was when she watched her village engulfed in fiery flames.

"Huh, to think he died protecting that worthless woman who can even culminate the power of darkness." Westcott chuckled out loud. "I guess, there's only one true giant of darkness-"

A beam of Ultimate Vanisher caught Zagi's attention. He raised his arms above his head and then stretching them to his side, gathering dark energy into his palm before thrusting them to shoot a dark beam of Gravity Zagi.

 He raised his arms above his head and then stretching them to his side, gathering dark energy into his palm before thrusting them to shoot a dark beam of Gravity Zagi

His beam broke through the Ultimate Vanisher, and the jets broke formation to evade the attack. The pilots returned to the fight, firing everything they have to Zagi with tears of anger.

The dead of the giant- no, the dead of Mikazuki Yukihara made a huge impact of them. He's not just a teacher who educated. He's someone who is close to call a friend.

-Ω-

"LET ME GO!"

In the underground Ratatoskr base, Shido is struggling to break from his family's grip as the rest of the people could only watch the family quarrel helplessly in silent.

"Onii-chan, what do you think you're doing?!"

"It's dangerous outside, Shii-kun!"

"You need to calm down, son!"