Ch. 10

Harry slowly opened his eyes. The light filtering through the window in front of him was nearly blinding. He yawned, stretching his sore arms above his head.

The raven haired boy sat up and scratched his head. Owwwwww. He complained to himself.

Just as he swung his legs over the bed, he felt a presence in the bed next to him. His eyebrows shot up as he looked over and saw a head of red hair in the bed next to him.

He jumped off the bed, sliding as he landed on the pant legs of his pajamas. He rushed over to her side and crawled up on the bed, kneeling as he checked if she was alright.

"G-Ginny?" He asked, his eyes wide with terror. "A-Are you okay?" He asked, turning her face towards him.

He remembered his crush on her, and her crush on him. Though it had depleted once he started to know her as more of a sister, it came back, full force, just three weeks before.

He gulped before feeling for a pulse. When he found it to be erratic, his eyes widened and he jumped off the bed, racing to Pomfreys door.

"MADAM POMFREY!" He yelled, knocking on the door. She came out in a night gown with wide eyes.

"What is it?" She asked, glancing around.

"Ginny! Her heart beat!" Harry said, terrified. As Pomfrey raced over to the girls bedside and took out her wand, Harry felt himself calm down considerably, knowing Pomfrey would fix her. She waved the wand over her several times before furrowing her brow.

"Harry, dear" She started, walking over to him "Maybe you should get to bed" She decided, guiding him over to his bed. He calmed slightly and laid down, but was still worrying about Harry. She started to walk away, but turned back. "I wonder" She muttered before waving her wand at Ginny again. She shook her head and headed back, where she realized her young black haired charge had fallen asleep.

The signs... He probably knew that she was having a nightmare, woke up, checked her, and heard the slightest stutter in her heart. How could he know that?
:::::

Lily was fast asleep beside her husband when the message came, via a Phoenix appearing in her bedroom.

There was a squeal and Lily fixed James with a questioning stare while he blushed. She sighed and looked back to the Phoenix.

"Lily, James" Came Dumbledores voice from the creature "Harry has just been admitted to the Hospital Wing. I will explain more later, I expect you will need to come so I sent Fawkes, grab his tail feather"

Lily and James rushed to get dressed and both held hands as James obeyed Albus, grabbing the tail feather of the Phoenix and disappearing in a flash of fire.

They appeared in the Headmasters office, the man himself staring at them with a small twinkle in his eye. "Mr and Mrs Potter, your son is perfectly fine now. If you wouldn't mind, would you have a seat here?" Albus asked, waving to the two fluffy chairs in front of his desk.

Lily wanted to go so Harry, but felt that Albus wouldn't take no for an answer. She sat in the said armchair and held hands with James.

"What happened?" Lily asked, squeezing James' hand. Albus sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"Last night, I was awoken by your son running up to my office." He started. Lily made to interrupt, but Albus held up his hand, silencing her. "Now, he did not do this to be rude. He came telling me that one of my students was hurt, he was too distressed to give me the location of her, so I called Fawkes and ordered him to take me to the girl"

"We arrived. But not in the place I thought. I figured it would maybe be in the grounds, or one of the Hallways. But we appeared around a hundred feet under the castle" He sighed "Maybe even two hundred. Anyway, he was correct. Miss Ginevra Weasley was unconscious, at the end of the Chamber." He sighed again and shifted slightly "I am going to tell you the whole truth, James, Lily. I won't lie about your child's well being."