Ch. 23 A Whole Lot of Running

Ginny's POV

I smiled tensely as Michael continued to talk to me about who knows what. He had just walked over here and decided that he would interrupt my conversation with Luna, though I think he knew that I wasn't interested in talking to him at all.

He must like me, my brain thought. Yeah, he must. I scooted my chair back a little so that he wasn't so close to me. I don't know what happened in the hospital, but I have a feeling that Harry likes me too. I don't want him to think I'm with Michael because, the truth is that I like Harry back.

"So, that concludes the story of how I learned to swim at ten years of age" Michael finished, looking at me like I should be cheering for him. When I just smiled, he shrugged it off and opened his mouth again. "Anyway Ginny, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me. You know, sit by the lake maybe" He said slyly, leaning his arm on the table.

I bit my lip, about to decline when a cloaked figure walked through the street. A spell was fired my way, but I ducked. Michael was freaking out, running around trying to dodge the currents of spells coming towards me, but I just pulled him behind the table that I'd rolled over to.

"Ginny! Are you okay?" Michael asked the question halfheartedly then turned back to telling how he'd almost died right there.

I groaned and ran towards the front of the shop, where people were searching for the Death Eater. Suddenly, though, I felt an explosion rock through my chest and was almost knocked off my feet as an emotion of sheer panic plowed into me.

People were pushing and shoving, so I had to get out of the crowd. And quick. I felt Harry's presence over by the road, though the rate that my heart was beating was enough to knock down a three hundred pound bull. It was hard to keep my emotions in check, as I stumbled towards where Harry was. If I let go for a second, Harry would start to feel the panic that I was feeling too. My heart were already beating at the pace of two, but if I slipped, he'd be feeling two times what I was.

I'm actually pretty sure that the only thing keeping me conscious is determination and the fact that Harry might be hurt.

I collapsed on the ground and looked over to see a figure sprinting to me. Black hair glittered in the light of the fresh snow. Harry reached me and practically tackled me trying to see if I was okay.

"Oh Merlin! Oh Merlin, Ginny!" He gasped, taking me in his arms,

"Emotions" I gasped out. He suddenly became rigid and I realized that I was feeling a warmth spread through me. My mind went blank

Red hair glittering in the sun, brown eyes that I could get lost in. She is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and probably ever will. She is my best friend whom I feel so strongly for, it has to be illegal. She is kind, but fiery and hard headed. I love that about her. Ever since I met her, I've loved her. Ginny Weasley.

I blinked a few times to make sure I was hearing right and not dreaming, but as I saw his eyes, I realized I was basically reading his emotions towards me.

I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly, the pain in my chest was gone but all I wanted was for him to let me feel what he felt about me. I couldn't believe it. Harry Potter actually thought all that about me. He basically just proclaimed his love to me.

He stared at me with wide eyes that probably matched my own. So I did the first thing I could think of. I kissed him.

It was weird. I felt like every atom of my being had exploded. I was cold from the snow that had bled through my jeans, but it felt like I was about to pass out. When I pulled away, Harry and I stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds before I took a deep breath.

"I love you too"

////////