Ch. 26 A Date, Part 2

The realization that Harry had just plowed into Ginny Weasley was shocking. He hadn't sensed her there, but he wasn't really searching. And as he stared into her eyes, blushing profusely, she decided it was the perfect moment to bark out a laugh.

"Harry Potter, you can always ask first before you tackle me. That's, what, the third time this year?" She smiled. He laughed nervously along with her and they moved so that they were sitting across from each other rather than sprawled across the living room floor.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. She gave him a look. "I mean, in the kitchen, at like eight o' clock?"

"Seven actually" Ginny said, looking over at a clock hanging on the wall. Both of them laughed again, standing up. For a moment, they just stood there, letting the feeling of elation spread over them like a warm, fuzzy blanket.

"Your mum'll be down soon" Harry remarked. Ginny nodded, dusting herself off and heading towards the kitchen where Harry followed.

"I figured I'd help her with breakfast." Ginny said, getting out the eggs and tossing them to him. He sensed her movement and caught the eggs, turning on the stove. "Besides, it's a chance to practice cooking. I'm rubbish at it"

"I know" Harry said, nodding. He remembered the day Ginny and Ron had attempted to make pumpkin pasties and shuddered. She hit him upside the head, giving him a 'Weasley Woman' glare, as the Weasley kids had trademarked it.

"Watch your mouth, young man, or I might just have to kick your-" She was interrupted when the stove suddenly caught on fire. "Harry! Keep your eyes on what you're doing!" She exclaimed, turning the stove back off quickly. Harry felt his eyebrows and was received to find that they hadn't burned off.

"I swear, you're worse than Ron sometimes" She exclaimed, taking the eggs from Harry and putting them in the pan. He grinned sheepishly at her while she handed him the spatula to make scrambled eggs.

"You sure that's enough eggs? I've seen Ron eat this many during one helping" Harry added helpfully, reaching for the carton of eggs. Ginny, once again, hit him up the head.

"There's more to come, Harry. Mum'll be making lots more food. I don't trust either of to do anything but eggs correctly. And you've already almost set the house aflame."

"It was an accident! You can't blame me for-" He almost said staring at you but caught himself. "For being bad at cooking!" He said. They elapsed into a comfortable silence. Ginny could feel his embarrassment and placed a hand on his shoulder, thinking it was because of him being bad at cooking.

"It's okay Harry. We're best friends, you can almost burn down my house anytime" She teased. He laughed, placing his hands on hers subconsciously and making her blush, taking her hand off his shoulder and turning back to where she was getting out plates.

"Where's the orange juice?" Harry asked, changing the subject. Ginny pointed out the window into the rising sun. Harry stood there, confused.  His Bond Mate laughed and handed him an orange juicer.

"Mum makes new orange juice everyday from a tree outside" She elaborated. Harry looked into the fallen snow and back to Ginny.

"But it's winter" He said, dumbfounded. Ginny shook her head, waving her hands in a half circle.

"Magic" She said with a smile. Harry laughed and grabbed his boots, getting ready to head outside. "Wait!" Ginny called, grabbing a scarf and hat from a nearby chair.

She walked over to him and put the hat on him, wrapping the scarf around his neck snugly. "Here, you'll get cold walking over there" Harry beamed and put his hand on hers which was adjusting his cap. She paused for a moment before smiling at him. He made his exit and hiked through the snow.

Ginny was right, he really needed the extra warmth. It was freezing outside, with fresh snow drifting onto his face, he was surprised he even made it. But when he reached the tree with ripe oranges on it, he understood the enchantment much better.

There wasn't any snow around the tree in a large circle, but as he got closer, he felt warmth seep through his bones. It was almost as if it was summer. The smell of the trees was there and he wondered why he'd never noticed it before. But it might have been because he'd never been so far into the Weasley's back yard. And even if he had, he'd only been there in the summer or spring, never in the fall or winter.

Even the grass was greener in the circle, and Harry spotted a bee buzzing towards one of the ripe fruits. But as soon as it exited the circle, it nose dived into the cold snow.

Picking the fruit took only a few minutes, so as he placed the last orange into the basket, he hesitated in leaving. It was so warm inside, he had actually started sweating.

As soon as he placed one foot outside, he almost stumbled backwards with the blasting cold. Harry took several breaths, and stepped out.

The cold knocked the breath out of him, but he still rushed towards the Burrow as the snowfall began to pick up speed. He made it in a solid two minutes.

Mrs Weasley is a tank! He thought to himself as he rushed inside, shaking the snow off the top of his head and placing the hat and scarf back.

Ginny was standing by the stove, completely oblivious to his arrival. He smirked as he creeped over to her, cold hands at the ready.

As soon as he was in arms reach, he quickly placed his hand on the back of her neck and she almost jumped out of her skin.

"Merlin, Harry! That's freezing!" She yelped, grabbing the back of her neck and shivering. He laughed heartily. That was, until she chased him out of the kitchen. He thought he was going to get away with it too.

But Ginny had other plans. She chased him until he finally tripped on the rug. At first, she was worried, then she started tickling him to death.

"Ginny!" He laughed, trying to roll away, but she kept him on the floor with her knee on his chest.

"That'll teach you!" She exclaimed, tickling him some more. But soon, she started laughing too and let her guard down, so Harry made a split second decision and rolled so she was knocked into the floor herself. Then, he proceeded to tickle her back.

"No!" She gasped "You foiled my-" She laughed again "Plan you meddlesome kid-" and she dissolved into even more laughter. Finally, Harry stopped and stood, helping her up. They both had flustered cheeks and tear tracks from laughing so hard, so they finally went back to the kitchen.

"I'll make the juice, you set the table. Mum'll make the rest with magic" Ginny ordered, grabbing the juicer and a pitcher. Harry set the table quickly and looked over to see Ginny wasn't done juicing the oranges. She sensed his intentions and sent another juicer flying towards him.

They set to making the drinks and finally retreated to the sitting room, where they fell asleep. Ginny's head on Harry's shoulder and his head on her's.

After making sure the kids were asleep, Molly and Lily came downstairs, exchanging glances as they stared at the two. They had watched the last part of the two kids' morning, and they both agreed on something.

The Bond was growing