Ch. 22 Ron is a Git Again Harry

Harry's POV

My head was pounding when I woke up. The sheets on my bed were soft and crisp, sheets that I knew very well. Oh no...

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around, beside my bed was Ginny. That wasn't strange, as she was usually there when I went to the Hospital Wing. What was strange was the way she was holding her head and squeezing her head in pain.

My emotion! I quickly imagined a dam stopping my feelings from flowing to Ginny and, thankfully, she relaxed. Her eyes turned to me, their brown color was startling, it burned with a fire I knew it only possessed when she was upset.

What did I do now?

I prepared for her outburst, squeezing my eyes shut. I don't even know what I did to make her so mad!

What surprised me even more, was when Ginny turned away from me and slammed her fist on the table. "I'm going to kill Ron!" She whisper/shouted. I was in so much shock, I didn't even move.

"Wha" I managed to choke out behind my intense headache and dry mouth. She paced past my bed and picked up a bottle, opening it and pouring it into a mixture of pumpkin juice and some other potion. While she was doing this, she explained.

"When you came back... We were just sitting there! And all the sudden, you...." She choked for a second. "Ron came downstairs and didn't like how close we were sitting, he punch you and gave you a minor concussion..." She swallowed.

I blinked a few times while she was mixing the concoction, then finally turned to her and said "What were we... Er... Were we..." I stuttered, trying to think of a way to say this without sounding creepy. "Did we...?" I asked, not able to say the word because of being nervous.

"Kiss? Heavens no, Harry. You're my best friend!"

"Oh, cool... Er, okay" I spit out, slightly disturbed at how quickly she dismissed the idea of us kissing. She gave me the glass of potion, which looked slightly like orange juice.

"It'll taste awful" She warned "Best to down it quickly" I could feel some of my nervousness seep towards her, so I blocked my emotions and chugged the glass.

It tasted worse than awful, it reminded me of that pink muggle medicine mixed with chocolate. I know, that doesn't sound half bad. But trust me, bitter and sweet does not mix this time.

Ginny scrunched up her nose, feeling  disgust that I felt. I almost spit it out, but she pinched my nose together and forced my head back, making me swallow. I gasped, thankful that I didn't have to taste it anymore. The smell of her hair washed over me and I felt calmer.

"What was in that?" I asked. She looked over at me and smiled, answering my question.

"Advanced Calming Draught and pain reliever" She said sweetly, propping her elbows on her knees and perching her chin on her hands. My headache was going away, but why the calming draught? I had a feeling that I wasn't going to like this one bit.

"Harry" She started, a serious look in her eyes "It's about Ron" Ginny said slowly. My heart stopped.

"What about him?" I asked cautiously. If he hurt her, I swear I will pummel him.

"He..." She huffed, her face contorted with anger. "Ron is a git again, Harry" She said. I groaned.

"What now?" I asked. She laughed lightly, her anger forgotten, which made me feel a bit better. I tried to give her some of my calm emotions, but she was completely blocked off from me.

"He thinks you kissed me, and that now we are dating. In fact, the entire school thinks we're together now" She explained. I stayed silent, thinking about why the way she said it, almost like she thought the idea was as ridiculous as Snape singing "Cauldron Full of Hot Love" on top of the Gryffindor table in one of Luna's headdresses, made me feel so... I don't know, rejected?