Ch. 49 Small (Unspoken) Confessions

Ginny gasped, the cold feeling in her stomach slowly leaving. Her heart raced against her ribcage, and she felt extremely scared. She knew it was over, and she knew it was only a dream, but the slight sting of her cheek was still apparent.

She glanced around, taking in the sight of the empty Common Room. She sighed, laying back onto the couch and staring at the ceiling. Her emotions churned, so much so that she couldn't even stop them from leaking through the Bond. Footsteps came from the boy's dorm, and Ginny glanced up to see Harry walking down the stairs. But one thing was different.

He was shirtless.

Ginny's face felt hot, but he didn't notice because as soon as he saw her, he threw himself to her, smothering her with a hug. She cautiously wrapped her arms around him, fully aware that they were almost completely wrapped in a golden glow. Her arms tingled slightly.

"Merlin, Gin. I was so scared!" Harry gasped into her hair. "I just left to get dressed, and then you woke up and-" More like undressed. Ginny still had to keep her eyes from roaming over his chest and stomach. Harry seemed to notice the fact that he was shirtless, and immediately went beet red. "Oh, I'm sorry, Gin, I just ran down here really fast and-"

"It's fine Harry, I've just... Never really..." She trailed off, fixing her eyes on a lampshade beside him. She didn't feel embarrassed by him being shirtless, only slightly ashamed that she enjoyed it. She was just thirteen, she shouldn't be checking out boys's bodies. Even if he was her boyfriend. And he looked extremely attractive.

Ginny shook her head as Harry went to get his shirt. They couldn't really Accio stuff because of their large magical cores, it would summon a lot of things. They had to be precise in what they did, and that was time consuming anyway. At least soon they'd learn how to do that, and hopefully be able to summon things at a greater distance away quicker.

Harry walked back down, still slightly red as he sat beside her. He took her hand in his, rubbing his thumb across it.

"Gin, your cheek..." He placed his hand over where the knife had been, and Ginny shivered slightly. It felt nice to have Harry there. He was the only one allowed to look at her and touch her like that other man did. She leaned into the warm feeling that spread through her from his hand. "What happened?" He asked,  hand still resting on her cheek.

"A lot of things." She practically choked out, feeling tears prickle at her eyes. She forced them back, trying to act strong, but they came anyway. The ghost of Chimp Man's cold hands was still on her, and all she wanted was for Harry to make her warm again.

He did so, letting her curl up on his lap as she cried. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple lightly, moving hair out of her face and whispering comforting words. Slowly, he chased away the darkness forming inside her, he fought off the man's near assault, and he left a light in her that nearly made her forget everything that happened. All the attempted murders faded into background noise as he held her tightly.

Ginny wondered if all love felt like this. A warm escape from the bloody horrible world that was out there. She wondered if every other person in the world would feel this. When Harry held her, everything disappeared. It was just her and him. Him and her. He'd fight off her poison. And if it took her, he'd always be there. He'd always remember her and would always love her.

They had never said it, but they loved each other. They'd implied it several times, but neither thought they were ready for the words to come. It was said in other ways. Lingering hands and warm glows, fluttering hearts and emotions and thoughts and every nuzzle or kiss. They loved each other more than anything else in the world. They loved each other more than anyone else had ever loved someone. Ginny was Harry's world, and he was her light in the darkness. They'd guide each other away from evil, and would always be together.

Until death do they part.