Ch. 11

Harry awoke to the sun being high in the sky out of the window in front of him. Had he really been asleep that long? He felt something warm and snuggly cuddle into his side and he felt his hand intertwined with something.

He yawned and grabbed his glasses before looking beside him to see, to his immense joy, his best friend.

He knows he considers her his best friend as much as Ron and Hermione are to him. They had gone through a lot together, and he knew he still felt his slight crush deep down. He also knew she still had somewhat of a crush on him, though he didn't know if she still had it after the last couple of months.

He smiled widely at her and snuggled back down into his pillow, breathing in her scent. Flowers, lavender, maybe vanilla?

He realized that he had been breathing deeply and he closed his eyes for a second before getting up and stretching. He scratched the back of his head, making his hair even messier.

Harry swung his legs over the side of the bed, still aware of his hand in Ginny's. He tried to separate his hand, but as he looked at their hands, he noticed a soft glow. As his palm stopped being in contact with hers, he felt a sting and held her hand again.

She stirred, opening her brown eyes and yawning.

"Harry?" She asked, looking up at him then down at their hands. He smiled and swung his legs back into the bed.

"It's okay. Don't let go of my hand, okay?" He asked. She nodded and he, rather awkwardly, put his arm around her shoulder; making sure his arm was in contact with her skin. She yawned and closed her eyes again. She cuddled into his side and he sighed, believing that life couldn't get any better than having his best friend with him.
:::::
Two weeks later

"Harry..." Ginny said with a warning tone in her voice. She had just caught him sneaking off to do a prank with the twins. She then smiled "What do you think your doing, pranking without me?"

He was unsure how she knew that he had left the Burrows kitchen since she had been upstairs at the time and she had just walked straight through the kitchen. Not pausing to look for him. He figured it was how they could sense each other, but he wasn't aware of it being that strong.

He grinned and waved her forward, whispering the plan in her ear then turning to the twins who were smiling knowingly.

"Ready?" He asked. They nodded and all the kids made their way to the garden and pretended to be lounging, after they had set everything up. Though Ginny put in a special touch.

He snuck a glance at Ginny, who was sitting with her back against the tree, her eyes searching the horizon for something Harry didn't know of.

He knew he felt differently about her than Hermione, and defiantly different than he thought about Ron, but he was unsure if he should act on it.

He was jarred from his thoughts when the twins snickered as Harrys dad came out of the kitchen with Lily. They, as always, say in the same place as always. On the swinging bench that overlooked the garden, and James, as always, sat on the left.

The twins pretended to be talking while Harry chatted with Ginny lowly about pretty much everything. As the sun set and the stars started to show, Lily got up and made for the house, calling for the kids to follow her.

James, on the other hand, was having trouble standing. He put his hand on the arm rest and a puff of orange smoke covered him. The smoke soon cleared and a bewildered James sat before them with ginger hair, and freckles.

Everyone burst out laughing at the look on his face. He tried to stand, but couldn't.

Remus and Sirius ran out, attracted to the laughter. They doubled over when they saw him. Remus patted his shoulder.