Epilogue

The sky was alight outside, but neither could see it. The attack was only delayed, but it came with a cost. Two bodies lay entwined, golden light surrounding them. One was shaking, awake, but refusing to look at the other. He held her, healing every strain that crossed her core. It was exhausting, but nothing compared to the grief he felt when he barreled out of the maze, looking towards where his mother stood with tears in her eyes.

"She... She tried... She saved you but..."

Of course, she didn't die. No, Ginny Weasley just strained her magical core to the point she almost became a squib. Of course, Harry didn't allow that.

But her face was pale as he held her, pale until the moment she opened her eyes.

///

They left soon after that, Dumbledore concluding they'd need to rest at home. Schoolwork wouldn't be a problem, as the Bond enhanced their capabilities of learning by a thousand or so.

So they sat on the train, Ginny sitting on Harry's lap wearily, barely opening her eyes. He held her tightly, skimming his hands across her side as he attempted to give her energy. It didn't work, and soon the girl was asleep.

Harry watched her form, kissing her temple lightly as he held her. James and Lily didn't want them to ride the train, but the two insisted it wouldn't feel right. That was why Aurors paced the corridor, keeping watch. James and Lily had given the two some privacy, but kept the door cracked open and would occasionally walk by the window and see the kids in the exact same position.

And so? What happened when they got home, you ask?

Well, you'll soon find out.

That's it guys! Something Flowery is now over!! It's been quite a journey. From it being called 'Family' to being 'Something Flowery' and finally now I'll be able to start on the second book! Something Sweet will be up in a few days, not too long, I promise. I'll tell you guys when it's up! And I hope you enjoyed.

Now, whoever leaves a review that makes me cry (happy tears, mind you) will get a dedication in Something Sweet! I'm going to try to get you guys more involved in the story, y'know, interact with you most. So I'll be doing more of these.

And for the last time on this book,

Peace 🤓