Ch. 57 The First Task

Want a hint as to what he's guilty about? It isn't Cho. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I've been very busy and this was written over a short period of time.

Also, while searching for Hinny Fanfictions, I saw that my story made it to the 8th spot! On a rate from 1 to Ron seeing a platter of chicken, how excited do you think I got?

Harry stood back from the rest of his rivals. His gloved hands shook as he looked at his clothes, which had been enchanted by Hermione. They would keep him from getting burned on his body, but his exposed face was an exception. Ginny was behind the tent, he could feel her, but he didn't move from his spot. The guilt was still there.

He'd already established that this might ruin their somewhat fragile relationship, and was scared. He didn't know what his Bond Mate would think about it. Quickly, he shook his head and walked to the back of the tent, moving the cloth out of the way and was met with his girlfriend's beautiful eyes.

"Harry, are you ready?" Ginny whispered, reaching into the tent and lacing her fingers with his. Harry nodded, glad she was here lending him support that only she could give. Like every time he was with her, he felt whole again. He wondered if she felt the same.

"Yeah, I am. I'm worried though." Ginny smiled softly, glancing at the ground while biting her lip. Suddenly, she kissed him. Harry smiled against her mouth, reveling in her minty taste.

"You'll be fine. I promise. I'll take care of that dragon myself if something happens to you." Harry laughed and wrapped her in his arms. Suddenly, he was aware of a new voice in the room and turned to see a woman with blonde hair and weird glasses staring him and Ginny down.

"Perfect! Harry Potter, The Chosen One, and his girlfriend, Ginny Weasley, share a compromising kiss before he marches to his likely death!" The woman giggled, waving to a camera "Say Pumpkin Pasty!"

Harry covered the camera with his hand, blinking against the flash of light. "Who're you?" Harry asked, glancing her up and down before motioning to Ginny to get out of there before she was caught. To his surprise, she had already gone.

"Who else? Rita Skeeter! Writer for the Daily Prophet. I must say, my readers will gobble up this report..." Rita squinted, making her face look very bug like. "Oooh, enchanted clothing. I wonder who did that for you, was it your girlfriend? Well, one of them?"

"One of them? I'm only dating Ginny!" Harry protested, heat rising up his neck in anger. He didn't like this woman, she reminded him too much of Gilderoy Lockhart who'd been his teacher in 2nd year.

"I dare say you're lying. Anywho, I must be off. I've collected all needed information for this week's article. Best of luck!" And she swanned off to harass the other competitors.

She finally gone? Ginny asked. Harry felt her presence was towards the stands, as she was probably getting her seat. Your mum and dad are here. They didn't bring Cara, probably thought she might not like all the yelling.