Ch. 29 Almost to 30!

Okay. So, when you see outside of the tent, you might freak out at the sight of all the rubble and fire. Right?

Well, the opposite happened for Harry and Ginny. Their senses sharpened and suddenly everything was much clearer. They could hear the sound of fire crackling and people screaming, they could see the smallest detail in the terrain. A rock that stuck out of the earth, threatening to trip them, a root that was sticking up just enough to make them stumble.

They could see every small ash in the air and covered their mouths instantly. Their parents knew better than to protect them, so they backed up as the Bonded looked around. A group of dark cloaks swished towards them and they tugged their family to the side.

Harry sent a message to Ginny with his eyes. Get them out of here.

She nodded and looked behind her, towards the rest of the group. Ron and Hermione were embracing, protecting each other. They didn't seem to realize as they were both staring at Harry and Ginny, waiting for the first move. James and Lily had locked hands, eyes never resting for a moment as they surveyed around, prepared to die for their family. The rest of the Weasley's were huddled together, shielding their eyes with their wands out.

Ginny grabbed Harry's hand again, as she had let go, and gestured for everyone else to lock hands. They formed a chain with the Bonded in the middle. Said couple felt their heartbeats slow and their breathing become even. Soon, a clear forcefield was covering the family.

"Come on!" Harry grunted as the forcefield wavered. They'd never held it so long. Ginny stumbled forward first, then Harry started tugging with her and the rest followed their example.

Pain was flooding between the two, and even Lily and Molly, who were beside their respective Bound child, winced from the look on the kids faces. Luckily, it was a short walk towards the forest and everyone stopped once they got to a clearing.

"We need to get a Port Key" Arthur said, running around trying to find an object to enchant.

Harry and Ginny were collapsed on the ground, exhausted. Their hands were locked, and an aura was surrounding them. They felt warmth spread through them again, and then they felt fine. Even better than before.

"Ouch" Ginny moaned, sitting up. She was originally going to say something else, but decided to not rile her mother up. Ron was looking out towards the burning tents with shock, but then said;

"Those were... Death Eaters" He gasped, still holding Hermione. The two had become even better friends after Harry started spending most of his time with Ginny, and now it almost seemed like they were dating or fancied each other.

"Yes, I wonder if the ministry heard" Hermione agreed, wiping ash off her shirt and jeans. Harry and Ginny were still on the ground, trying to act like they hadn't just put a bunch of stress on their magical cores.

"You okay?" Ron asked. Harry shut his eyes and silently cursed his friend, but Lily and Molly had already pounced. They were checked for bruises and cuts, fevers and concussions. Pretty much anything the pair could think of.

"You looked like you were in so much pain!" Molly gasped, holding Ginny's face between her hands. Ginny shook her head and tried to act convincing.

"Well we were pulling you lot along with us!" She tried. Harry knew when she lied. She'd rub her forehead or scratch her nose, even pull on her ear or shift ever so slightly. But, he did know almost everything about her, so it was understandable.

"We're fine" Harry supplied, giving his mum a grin. Ginny nodded and stood up, only to teeter on her feet and collapse. She would've fallen flat on her back if Harry hadn't caught her.

"Maybe not" Ginny amended, her eyes turning dazed and her pale skin turning slightly green. Harry immediately turned worried and tried to crawl back over to her, but almost collapsed himself and instead sat beside her, putting his head in his hands. Dizziness rocked through them both as they fought hard not to throw up.

"They need to get home! Or St Mungos!" Molly gasped. Harry laid his head on Ginny's shoulder and groaned, the nausea becoming worse with every move.

Within a few minutes, they both blacked out. The shadows of their parents above them.