Ch. 51 Flying

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys were confused about what happened? I know a few of you have asked me what was going on, and the short version is that Ginny was slipped a potion that caused her to start going into these hallucinations/dreams where skilled people can enter her mind if they use a spell that not many people know about. We still don't know who gave her the potion. This chapter is slightly short, and not as well written as I usually try to have, but it's alright. I've been pretty sick, and have a research project on the works, so this chapter has taken me two days to write ☹️. Anyway, hope you like it! Tell me what you think in the comments, it always makes my day to see people like my book so much. Your feedback is always appreciated 🤗. Also, ummmm, don't read this if you're emotionally unstable right now. I don't want to be the cause of someone punching a hole in the wall 😁.

No, but seriously, this chapter may make you slightly angry at a character or two.

Harry put his head in his hands, still trying to figure out what happened. Apparently he'd been entered in the Triwizard tournament without even putting his name in the Goblet. Ginny had stormed in, yelled at Dumbledore, and pulled Harry back to the Common Room and immediately went upstairs. He started to follow her, but was too shocked. Besides, he couldn't go in the girl's dorms.

His parents were notified, and they had went to Dumbledore's office minutes before, probably chewing him out. Ginny was boiling, not answering his questions and not coming down. Everything was pretty quiet, since most people were upstairs. Harry started to think Ginny wasn't coming back downstairs, and was about to get up, but the girl stomped down the stairs with a book bag.

"What are you-" Before he could finish his sentence, the girl pushed him backwards onto the couch and sat beside him, grabbing a book and opening it.

"Hermione and I were looking through some archives, trying to find a way to pull you out of the competition, but there's nothing. Not even in Hogwarts a History or in some books Percy gave me. But, there's more, another ability of the Bond." She rushed, flipping pages quickly. "I didn't tell Hermione about it, just had her help me find some more information in a couple of books we had checked out."

Harry blinked, now slightly confused and shocked. The title of the book Ginny had was covered, but the cover was gold and brown with yellowing pages. It smelled, which didn't help Harry's headache.

Found it. Ginny announced, showing him the page. Harry took the book nervously, scanning over the pages. Suddenly, he felt very sick.

You were in my head? Like, actually in my head! His eyes were wide as he stared at her, and she blushed, taking the book back.

Kind of. Well, because of the Bond I'm always in your head, with the talking and stuff. But, now I actually saw what you saw. She explained, closing the book and waving to the bag beside her. I need to take these back to the library. She didn't continue, just sat there staring at them until she finally turned to him and said out loud.

"But I can do that tomorrow. Want to go fly?" She asked. Harry shrugged, smiling at her attempt to cheer him up.

"I'd love to, Gin, but isn't it almost time to go to bed?" He asked, glancing out at the dark night sky.

"So? We need to get our minds off of this." She touched his shoulder lightly, making him turn around to see her pouting face. Harry groaned, glaring at her. She knew he couldn't say no to her when she made that face.

"Fine. But if my parents catch us, I'll say you put a spell on me." Ginny laughed, putting her arms around his neck happily.

"I'm your girlfriend/Bond Mate/ Fiancée, I'll always be able to put a spell on you."

///

Harry enjoyed the wind through his hair as he flew. He always had, ever since his dad first put him on a broom and sent him around the living room. The night air was even better, and helped clear his mind.

Harry didn't know what he'd do about the tournament, but he knew he'd have to compete. He couldn't back out, especially now. Everyone thinks that he put his name in the cup, they'd never stop talking about it all being a publicity stunt. Besides, he was up for the challenge. Hey, he'd been raised by James Potter, who could blame him?

After a few minutes of flying, Harry started to feel cold. It wasn't winter yet, but a bite was definitely in the air. He flew over to Ginny, who'd been silently watching him from her broom with grim observation. He knew she was worried, and he was too, but he couldn't let her get worked up over this. Besides, it was freezing.

Come on. Harry smiled, slowing to a stop beside her. Ginny glanced down for a second, then grabbed on to his shoulders and swung herself on to the broom. Her own Nimbus zoomed to the ground.

This is nice. Ginny remarked as they flew, her arms around Harry's waist. Harry smiled, glancing around at her face.

Yeah. I agree. There was quiet for a moment as they flew a lap around the field. Their eyes were watching for any teachers that may come. The invisibility cloak pressed against Harry's chest.

Why do you want to compete? A thick tone was in her voice. Harry didn't want to look back, because he knew he'd see her slightly irritated glare. He sighed, slowing to a stop at the Gryffindor stands and letting her off before stepping beside her.

I don't know. He admitted, scratching the back of his neck. Ginny bit her lip, not meeting his gaze for a moment.

You could be killed. Her voice was right as she huffed, turning her burning gaze towards her Bond Mate. I've seen that happen. It hurt so badly, even in a dream. I'd never put you through that. You could come so close to dying, and you're fine with it? Harry wrapped her in his arms tightly. The warmth of the Bond seeped through them, but it still was extremely cold out, and they didn't warm to the bone as they were both wearing heavy cloaks. But it was still nice.

I won't die. Harry kissed Ginny's head and she huffed, balling some of his shirt into her hands. She looked up with him with a short glare.

Better not, Potter. Or I'll bring you back to life and kill you again. Harry laughed, and Ginny couldn't help but smile. He held her tightly to his chest, his hand clasping hers as they watched a glow weave between their fingers, a contented feeling settling in their soul.

The two watched the light, imagining a sunset somewhere they could be safe and together without any issues.

///

The figure sat straight up in bed, it's mind barely coherent as it struggled towards the door. It noticed an empty bed, but didn't question. Besides, it couldn't in the first place.

Walking briskly it moved towards the empty corridor where it'd meet its master.

The cold stone made its feet ache, but it just stared at the floor space ahead and closed its eyes, waiting for the next order. It wasn't allowed to look.

And the order came, a voice twisted with pain as it talked. Without question, the figure moved back to Gryffindor tower with a vial in its hand. A vial it'd use in the morning, when no one was looking, and without itself even really noticing.

And it laid back down to sleep again. Or was it already asleep?