Ch. 41 Classes and Mind-Reading

Harry

Ginny whispered it in his ear. The sun above them was shining and throwing several colors onto her hair. Harry had her wrapped in his arms, face buried in her neck. He hummed, showing her he was listening. The cool water in front of them was shimmering.

I think we need to get up

He agreed, but didn't want to. It was the first day of school, and the first day of classes. He would have to give up Ginny for hours.

Harry pulled her closer, breathing in her scent before looking into her eyes. They were filled with amusement and love. Ginny smiled, running her fingers through his hair once more before he closed his eyes.

Harry woke up in his bed, cold and wishing Ginny was there. Ron was still asleep in his own bed, and so was Dean, but he wondered where Neville and Seamus were.

Then it clicked, and he stumbled out of bed, grabbing his clothes before attempting a quick shower. The warm water helped his sore back, but he still felt cold. He always felt cold when Ginny wasn't near.

Don't worry, I'm here. Hurry up, I'm waiting to go to breakfast.

Harry obeyed, stepping out of the shower and throwing on his uniform before rushing downstairs where Ginny was.

She was sitting on the couch, her school bag open beside her, quietly waiting. Her hair was up in a ponytail, but it still managed to fall in her face as she looked through the school list. Gorgeous, as always.

Harry leaped down the last two stairs, making Ginny glance up with an amused smile. He grinned and kissed her cheek softly.

Ready to go?

She nodded, taking his hand. He immediately felt warmth rush back through him, gripping her fingers as she picked up her bag.

I felt it too. She assured him, giving him a soft kiss on his lips. Harry wrapped his arm around her and gave her a half hug before holding her hand again.

They trooped downstairs together, Ginny wasn't wearing her cloak, instead she had it over her arm. Harry's tie was slung over his shoulder, as he hadn't bothered to tie it that morning, and his shirt was slightly untucked. By the end of the day, he'd probably shed his heavy cloak as well. His book bag was over his shoulder, the brown strap stressing against his shoulder, but he didn't have any trouble carrying it. Another perk of the Bond.

They sat together at the table, hands laced by their sides as they filled their plates. Ron didn't even glance up when they sat, but Hermione smiled and waved before turning back to whatever book she was reading.

I think my brother is still upset...

Don't let him get to you, Gin.

I know. Same goes for you!

Harry laughed, making Hermione and Ron glance up with raised eyebrows. Well, Ron was glaring. The Bonded shook their heads and Hermione looked away, back to the book again.

Ginny finished her plate before Harry, sitting silently and watching the people around the Hall. Many people kept glancing in their direction, and Ginny wondered what rumors were circulating about them this year. Last year it was that they were dating, now it would probably be ten times worse.

Ginny sensed Harry stand and grabbed her bag, throwing on her cloak as she now felt slightly chilly, and they headed to McGonagall who was holding the time sheets. Ginny went up for hers first, but McGonagall waved Harry over.

"Okay you two, you'll be having classes together this year, since Ms Weasley is in Fourth Year as well." She gave them a stern look, that softened a bit before she turned to the other tired students.