A Day of Gifts

"Miss Ginny. Do you have a moment to help me? I am unsure how to present this. If I wrap it it will squash." I asked her as she was wrapping presents for her family on her bed.
"Sure Arniel! I actually have a spare gift bag here somewhere. One moment." She said jumping from her bed and searching through her wardrobe.
"Here!" She handed be a shiny paper bag that was decorated similar to the paper she was using to wrap gifts.
"You tape the top shut so the gift isn't seen but it won't squash the gift." She said giving me an example of one she had done previously.
"Thank you Miss Ginny." I said taking the bag to where the Golden Daylily was sitting on the windowsill.
My other gifts had been easy to wrap so thankfully I didn't need help with those. I joined Ginny in putting the gifts under the tree as she instructed. It was an interesting custom but so far I enjoyed it.
"Let us go see if Mum needs any help." Ginny said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the small kitchen.
Mrs Weasley was humming away to herself as she chopped vegetables.
"Mum do you need any help?" The young witch asked her mother.
"Oh no thanks Ginny dear. I've got everything sorted." She said happily to her daughter.
Ginny shrugged and walked out of the kitchen unbothered.
The twins, Ron and Harry were having a game of 'Quidditch' outside. Glorfindel and Hermione were sitting on blankets watching them.
"My Lady, would you like to join us?" Glorfindel asked as I walked up to them.
"No Glorfindel, I just came out here for no reason." I said cheekily as I sat on the blanket next to him.
"I do not understand how you can spend 100 years with Lady Galadriel and become less like her each time." Glorfindel said grinning. I rolled my eyes.
"I can be the perfect Elleth if needed. I've been given extensive training on the matter by Ada." I told the handsome elf. He let out a laugh at my comments.
"I think it is refreshing that you let your mind speak like a human." He said with amusement.
"I may have let Estel's habits rub off on me. He was such a funny child." I said grinning at the memory of the small human. He would be an adult now, off with his Kin somewhere.
Glorfindel smiled at me sending small butterflies cascading through my stomach.
Valar he was handsome. Hermione interrupted my thoughts with a question.
"Who is Estel? You've told me about your older brothers and sister. Is Estel a younger sibling or cousin?" She asked intrigued.
"Estel is the foster son of my Ada. He is a Dunédain. A descendant of a city that Eru destroyed. Estel is human with remnants of elvish blood. His elvish ancestor is my deceased uncle. There have been many, many generations before Estel so we are no longer considered related. Although he is still kin." I told her. She stared at me for a second processing the information before nodding.

"Watch out!" A yell from the four playing Quidditch sounded. I looked up just as the main ball called a 'Quaffle' sailed towards us. The thrower had misjudged their throw. Glorfindel stuck his hand out and swatted the ball away from us quickly before it hit someone.
"Alright. I'm going inside." Hermione said standing from her spot and hurrying in out of the snow. Ron flew down and landed near us to pick up the ball.
"Sorry 'bout that!" He said. His face flushed from the cold air and exertion.
"No need for apologies Master Ron. Just make sure you aim at Glorfindel next time." I said grinning at the wizard.
"Me?!" Glorfindel asked incredulously as Ron flew off chuckling.
"My Ada would be furious if you let my face get hurt by a leather ball." I said innocently, my eyes wide.
Glorfindel snorted at my expression and shook his head at me.

———

"Arniel! Get up! It's Christmas!" Someone shouted to me placing a hand on my shoulder shaking me.
I shot up from my sleeping position suddenly wide awake, smacking into the head of Hermione with mine.
She fell backwards holding her chin in pain.
I rubbed the sore spot on my forehead as I stood to check on the witch.
"I am sorry Hermione. Are you alright?" I asked her helping her stand up. She had a large bruise forming on her chin.
"I am alright. Serves me right for startling you." She said blinking away the tears in her eyes for a moment before smiling brightly again.
"Let us go downstairs! Everyone will be rising now." She said hurrying out the door. I changed into the dress Arwen had given me, having decided to only wear it on special occasions in this world. I assumed this day was a special one given the excitement surrounding it.
Most of the Weasley family had gathered in the lounge room, save Ron and Harry who were struggling to awaken. I sat on a seat next to Hermione and Ginny.
Mrs Weasley was playing the host as usual, handing out mugs of a hot, chocolate drink that had squishy sweet lumps in it called marshmallows. Mr Weasley, who I had met the day previous, was sorting the wrapped gifts and handing them to the respective people. Nobody was opening anything until both the heads of the Weasley clan were seated.
"Alright! Let us open our gifts!" Mr Weasley said excitedly taking a seat next to his wife and tearing into a package. Suddenly the room was filled with exclamations of thanks, laughs and excited yells as the boisterous family shouted to one another.
The only people who were sitting quietly were myself, Glorfindel and Harry. Harry had a huge smile on his face as he watched the joy around him. His own presents sitting carefully unwrapped beside him, the paper folded neatly.
"Thank you Arniel! I've always wanted this book!" Hermione said as she unwrapped the novel I have given her.
"You're welcome Hermione. I didn't know what to get you but I am glad you like it." I said to her as she gingerly ran her fingers over the golden writing.
"You haven't opened anything! What did you get?" She asked me. A childlike grin on her face.
I felt myself being sucked into the excitement as a grin formed on my face. Hermione chose one of the gifts at my feet for me to unwrap.
"Open this one!" She said vibrating with giddiness.
I gently teared the gift open to reveal a cream woollen jumper embroidered with a light blue 'A' above the heart.
"Oh you got a Weasley Jumper! Mrs Weasley makes everyone one of these every Christmas!" The witch said as I held the soft woollen jumper in my hands.
"This is excellent work Mrs Weasley. You are very talented! Thank you." I said to her. She turned pink and muttered something dismissively.
I slipped the woollen garment over my dress like all the others in the room.
The next gift I opened was a lovely set of hair fasteners and clips from Ginny.
Harry and Ron had joined together and given me a small box that I learnt was called a Camera. It captured moments in tiny pictures of exquisite details.
"It is so you have something to remember is by when you go back. Here let us take one as a group. This is how you do it." Harry said showing me how to use the small camera. He took a picture of the 10 of us. A small piece of shiny paper popped out of the top of it.
"Wait a few minutes then have a look at it." Ron told me as everyone went back to sitting in their seats.
The gift from Hermione contained a lovely little leather diary and a quite small quill that fitted inside of it.
"It is so you can write your experiences here to tell your family when you return. You can even stick the photos in it. Oh look it's ready!" Hermione said to me pointing to the small 'photo'. The photo showed us all together laughing and smiling. The miniature people moved slightly in a repetitive loop.
I picked up the last gift with the cursive elvish characters on it after my name in common tongue.
From Glorfindel.
I gently removed the paper to reveal a small wooden box. Inside the box was a beaded bracelet of turquoise. It was quite pretty.
"Hannon Le Glorfindel." I said looking at him with a smile. Although he didn't notice as he was staring at the Golden Daylily I had given him.
"Hannon Le Arniel. It is most precious." He said looking at me. His eyes reflecting the gold of the flower.
"Lord Glorfindel of The House of the Golden Flower. I saw this Daylily and bought it as your gift. I knew you would treasure it." I told him quietly. Everyone else was too distracted to notice us talking.
"Thank you for the bracelet. It is quite beautiful." I said to him now that he was listening. He smiled at me, an emotion flick through his eyes I did not recognise.
"You're most welcome My Lady." He said taking the bracelet from my hand and clasping it around my wrist. His touch so soft it was almost non existent.

Everyone gathered their gifts and hurried them to their rooms at the order of Mrs Weasley. With a wave of her wand all the paper vanished leaving behind a tidy lounge room.
"Charlie, Bill and Fleur will be here soon! Go change out of your pyjamas boys!" She said yelling after the twins who were racing up the stairs as I was coming down it.
"Watch out for our guests! No injuries this year please!" She shouted again as I plastered myself against the wall to narrowly avoid colliding with them.
"Sorry!" One of the twins yelled down to me as they reached their room.
"Definitely like Elladan and Elrohir." I said to myself as I started once again walking down the stairs.