Chapter 22

Dylan's POV

Luke's eyes were locked on the giant gash on my torso, but I knew I'd have to keep talking about these stupid things or he'd make me. I pointed towards my back and turned around. Luke rubbed a finger around the burn mark I had on my left shoulder blade.

"Before the willow trees the six of them thought it'd be a good idea to light a sparkler on me. They each lit one and kept it there until the stick got too short. When it blistered up, the one who rarely did anything to me punched me repeatedly in the back, before getting fed up and pinching the blister and ripping it open. He had a bit too much fun being able to rip the skin off the wound that was burning from being popped open."

"Turn around," Luke told me.

I turned around so I was facing Luke, but I couldn't look him in the eyes for long so I glanced anywhere else I could. He grabbed onto me and pulled me so I was sitting on him, my legs trapping both of his inside mine. He pulled my head up so I had to look at his eyes.

"I got what was coming for me. It was my fault, and I've come to accept that," I said, my voice now not so shaky.

"Your fault? None of that shit was your fault. Why the hell do you think that? Because you didn't want to fuck that Wayne guy you had to be abused for three goddamn years?"

I nodded my head.

"Don't ever think that way, Dylan. I don't think I've ever felt this nauseating feeling before. It's fucking horrible that they would ever hurt such a nice fucking guy, but it's another to blame yourself."

 "You've hurt people..." I choked out, tears streaming down my face like a baby when its pooped its diaper.

He slumped his shoulders, "I have hurt people. But I've never ever fucking scarred them physically or burned them for crying out loud!"

I looked down, I was getting shaken up again.

"I don't think I've wanted to kill anyone, but I sure as fucking hell wanna kill that Wayne douche. Look at me," he lifted my head up towards him, "none of that was your fault. You are who you are, it can't be helped. He was gay too, though?! So why didn't he get the shit kicked out of him?"

"Captain of the football team. He was respected."

"Not a fucking lot to respect. He deserves the worst kind of pain in the world. Why didn't you tell anyone?"

I shrugged, averting my eyes from his. Luke did something I didn't ever expect to come from him. He wrapped me in a monster tight hug, and it felt so safe. I wrapped my arms around him and let my silent waves of tears wet his shoulder. The hug ended and he wiped his eye. Was he... crying? My heart broke a bit, and I hugged him, "Why are you upset? I didn't know you could cry... I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry? I can cry, everyone can cry, but I told myself no matter how dark the story got I'd stay strong for you, but I didn't, so I'm sorry."

I tightened the hug, and he squeezed me tighter, "Luke. Oh no oh no oh no, don't cry over my past. Don't cry over spilt blood."

"The expression is 'Don't cry over spilt milk', Dylan."

"Oh, I always said blood. But I guess in this case, it is spilt blood."

"How can you joke around like that? After all that damn suffering you went through, how can you joke about your own blood? You act so happy all the time. I mean, you act shy and stuff, but you act so happy and carefree."

I laid my head on his shoulder and relaxed a bit, "Just because all the things that've happened to me are on my mind almost 24/7 doesn't mean I can't act like I would've acted as a freshman, sophomore, junior... I was deprived of my high school experience, and I just stopped caring. I act as if I'm dead, but I don't want others to feel bad about themselves as I do about myself. So I act happy, although, I've always been shy. Ask my mother."

Luke looked at me, his beautiful bright blue eyes staring right into mine, "When I picked you, it was because you looked easy. But you gave such a carefree attitude about the whole thing, so it angered me. The fact you didn't listen or seem to care that you had been claimed. It attracted me to you in an odd way, if that makes any sense. You always want what you think you can't have. My intent for you was to take my anger out on you and get with a girl just to screw her because I wanted to. But you know, I'm glad it didn't turn out that way. I feel like this whole discussion brought you and me closer together."

I looked at him.

"Don't give me those wide puppy eyes. I feel closer to you. And I want you to tell me more if I find something on you that you didn't mention. In a weird way, I feel like me telling you about my past and vise versa brought  us really close. I feel closer to you.. I think, than I felt with my ex."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *A/N* ** * *  * ***  * * * * * **

HEY! I apologise for the sadness and the lengthiness of the past couple chapters :(

Actually really hard chapters to write to be honest here.

What do you think will happen next?

What do you think about the parts of Luke's and Dylan's pasts?

Be sure to comment on this if you read it! (I'd really like to know!!)

~CatOfPurgatory