Chapter 3

Dylan's POV

I glanced at the strange guy next to me. I could feel his eyes on me. And to tell the truth, I was terrified. I bit my bottom lip and tried to control my nerves. Something about this guy didn't seem right.
Ms. Kingston stopped talking and told us just to sketch or do whatever we wanted - art related - for the remaining half hour of class. I took out my sketchbook and started doodling a chandelier. I mean, why not doodle a chandelier? Everyone started talking again and I could barely hear myself think over the noise.
A girl walked over to me and sat on my desk, almost bending my sketchbook. I slowly moved it off of my workspace, "Um.. can I please have my desk back?"
"Hey sweetie, my name is Olivia," the girl said. Not gonna lie, she looked like a whore. She had on booty shorts, high heels, and a shirt that should be considered a FREAKING BRA WITH SLEEVES. She leaned closer to me and put her fingers on the bottom of my chin. "Hi, I'm Dylan. May I please have my desk back?"
"Oh hon, don't worry about that. I wanna get to know you... we could have SO much fun together," she said, clearly trying to seduce me. I heard a chair scoot backwards as a hand laid on Olivia's shoulder.
"Leave him alone Olivia," the boy said. It was the creep that had been staring at me for an hour.
"Aw Luke, what's the matter? Can't stand seeing me socializing with people other than you?"
"It's not that," Luke said, he was handsome, no doubt about it. He was sculpted, and probably played every school sport. He had short black hair, but long enough that it slightly curled at the ends. He had to be at least 6'4" and had blue eyes.
"Then what is it baby?" Olivia asked.
"He's not yours to be all over," Luke warned as he put his hand through his hair, "he's mine."
My eyes widened and I tipped back in my chair, falling to the floor. I heard some snickers and the teacher saying something about someone taking someone to the nurses office. Next thing you know, I'm being helped up, only to fall again. "Damn," I whispered as my body hit the concrete floor. I was picked up bridal style and carried out the door. When I finally opened my eyes, I was on one of those uncomfortable nurse beds with a bag of ice on the back of my head. I sat up way too quickly and laid back down, my head spinning.
"Fuck man, you hit your head on the floor. Twice! That isn't any soft concrete either," a voice said.
Soft concrete? I turned my head and opened my eyes again. Luke.
"Wait, what?" I asked, confused as all hell.
"Kingston told me to get you to the nurse, and, well, she's not here yet so I got you the only thing I know that helps bumps on your head."
"No. What? I'm yours? I'm not a slave, you don't own me," I sat up slowly, holding the ice to my head, "what? Because I'm new you think you can claim ownership over me? I'm not a dog either."
Luke towered over me, "Damn kid, you better listen. You're my toy, understand? You have no choice in this."
"Kid?" I whispered, kind of offended that he called me that. Just because I'm not as strong as him, probably.
He was just about to continue speaking as the nurse walked in and asked me how I was doing. Luke left and I was to rest for a few minutes, and see if I was well enough to go to PE.
I waited until the bell rang to run back to the art room and get my bag. I found the gym pretty easily and walked straight in. Great, I told myself as I saw none other than Luke sitting on the bleachers, talking to his friends. A girl ran up to me and told me I could sit next to her.
"I'm Jane," she introduced herself.
"Dylan," I said back.
"I heard you're his next victim," she whispered. I raised an eyebrow. She was awful shy, and wore skinny jeans and a high cut short sleeve Batman shirt.
"What does that mean?"
"It means trouble for you Dylan, he's never nice to the boys he chooses."