Chapter 4

(The Chandelier Dylan was sketching)

Brandon's POV

The final bell rang and I ran to the gym as fast as I could in order to catch Dylan before he left. Out of breath, I tapped him on the back, "Hey.. dude.. wanna hang out?"
Dylan tuned around and laughed at the panting mess in front of him. I rolled my eyes, maybe P.E will help me run without feeling like death. He nodded and we headed out of the front door.
"Yours or mine?" Dylan asked.
"Uh, is yours okay?" I asked back.
"Sure, my car is over here," he pointed in the direction furthest from school. I sighed, so much walking to do.
We got to his small grey Buick Skylark that he said he got for $1,000, and he apologized for it being a crappy car. I shrugged and threw my bag in the trunk with his and jumped in the passenger seat. The short five minute drive to his house was quiet, but comfortable. I think I made a friend. And on my first day, wow. That's a first.
He shut his car off and we headed into his house. As soon as you walk in, you're greeted by a staircase in front, a family room on the left, and a hallway on the right. He started walking upstairs, so I diligently followed. We took an immediate turn left and walked a few feet before being greeted by a white door with a Batman poster on it. Dylan opened the door and told me to come in. I sat on his bed as he turned on the TV and turned the channel to Family Guy.
As I looked around his room, I could tell he was unpacked except for two boxes taped shut in the left corner of his room. He had a Five Finger Death Punch poster above his bed, another Batman poster above his TV, a Black Veil Brides poster by his closet, and a Her Bright Skies poster by his door. He turned to look at me, "Like the room? I'm not completely unpacked yet, but I'm getting there."
"I love it! All I have out is a bed and TV, along with my clothes of course," I replied.
"West Ridge is such a bull crap school," Dylan commented as he plopped stomach down on his bed, making me jump a little.
"I couldn't agree with you more, apparently some guy made you his toy?" I replied.
"Yeah what the hell? It's like everybody knows know. I don't know what it means."
"Some horny chick kept talking to me about it. She said she was his toy once."
"WELL?? What the hell is a toy?"
"Basically someone you play with. I think the chick who told me was Olivia or some crap."
"She tried seducing me, and Luke called me his. Ugh, he's in my last two classes."
"Anyways, she said that he and the girl toys always to the sexy kinda things... like oral and sex and everything like that, but he normally just beats up the boy toys. Makes them do his homework, things like that."
Dylan popped his knuckles before removing his face from the sheets, "That guy could kill me with such ease! I'm such a wimp!" He whined, turning around and poking his belly.
"I could help you," I chuckled, flexing my arms.
"You'd be no help, you're just as weak as I am."
"How do you know?"
"We have the same body structure. The only thing that's different is our faces."
"And our dicks," I laughed.
"Yeah, I'm bigger."
"You're a liar!"
"Nope."
Damn, why the hell are we talking about this?! I cleared my throat, "You read a lot, I'm assuming." I stood up and looked at his gigantic black bookshelf. Books by books by books on top of books. The shelf was full of them.
"No, I hate it," Dylan said, sarcasm oozing out of him like juice from a lemon.
I rolled my eyes and pulled out a spiral book. It said Sketches, so naturally, I opened it. Sure enough, sketches galore, followed by elaborate drawings of cats, foxes, lips, and band members.
"I wish I had your talent man," I remarked. Talent was something he definitely had.
He looked over at the book in my hands and his eyes went wide. He jumped up and grabbed the book before I could move it out of his reach. "Don't look in this... there's some very weird things in here," he cautioned.
I chuckled once again, "If you're talking about the two girls kissing, or the two guys holding hands, I have already seen it."
He groaned. So he wasn't homophobic, that's a good thing. He shut the TV off and put an album in his radio.
Heart Of Fire by Black Veil Brides started playing and I smiled widely, "YOU LUCKY BASTARD! I STILL DON'T HAVE THIS ALBUM!!"
He chuckled and jumped on his bed, using his radio remote as a microphone. He sang his heart out, and I swear his voice sounded just like Andy's, maybe even a bit better.
When track 7, Stolen Omen came on, I screamed with delight. This was my favourite song from this album. We both tried screaming the lyrics that Andy did, but ended up laughing so hard we fell.
"We just met and we're already acting like 15 year old girls," Dylan yelled over the music. I laughed at that.

Around 8:30, my mum text me asking where I was. I gave her the address and waited for her to pick me up. Dylan told me he had had the most fun today than he had in years, and we hugged on my way out the door.
When I got home I realized I didn't have his number. Damn, how was I supposed to message him? I looked through my contacts and saw:
Dylan (New Best Friend)
Note: I kinda stole your phone while you were peeing. Whoops! See ya at school, man. -Dylan

Along with his mobile. I thought about today and it finally hit me, I have a best friend. In a day! We hit it off so well, and dammit! I will protect my new friend against this Luke dude.

****
A/N
I'm totally listening to BVBs self titled right now whoops 😂
Question time!
What kind of pie do you guys like?

What do you think of Luke?

Brandon?

Dylan?
****