Chapter 33

Dylans POV

As soon as that scream found its way out of my mouth, a sharp object had wedged itself in the left side of my lower back. My breath was hitched, and I fell to the floor. I could feel the object being ripped out of my skin, and the warm feeling of blood gushing out of my side was not a good thing. I was grabbed by my wrist ties into the building again.

Every exhale hurt, but every inhale felt like I was being stabbed by thousands of needles at the source of the pain. I coughed, yelping at the feeling of agony and blood pouring out quicker every cough. Wayne threw my arms down, landing with a thud. He dropped the shrade and smirked. I couldn't seem to move; it was as if I were paralyzed from the neck down. I held my breath, trying to stop the pain of breathing.

I heard his heavy footsteps move to my left, and I gulped. The swallow hurting my gash. A blunt thing came in harsh contact with the wound, and I screamed. My head was beginning to spin, and I was now crying my eyes out. Without lifting my head, I glanced down to see my bloodstained shirt with tears and rips, along with a boot that had blood all over the front end. My breathing was getting slower, and I choked for air. I felt blood come up in a cough, and I spit it out, feeling the warm fluid drop down my cheeks and neck onto the floor.

Luke came into my mind, and with hitched breath, I smiled. The sight was blurring, but I kept that thought in my head as I was kicked once more.

X X X

X X X X

X X X X X X X

Lukes POV

We heard police sirens beep in the distance, and I began kicking doors, looking frantically for the boy I loved. He had to be alive, he had to be.

"We need to wait for backup," Officer Morgan said, his voice stern.

"The fuck we do!" I shouted, running out of that room and slamming into the door across from it in the dark hallway. My heart stopped. There was a breeze from the opened balcony door, and I saw zipties and spots of blood at the entrance. Morgan grabbed me by the shoulders, staying behind me. I tried fighting him off, but even he was too strong for me.

"Dylan!" I shouted in a cracked voice, tears beginning to form. There was no answer, and I couldn't feel my heart beat in my chest.

"Get the fuck off me!" I shouted at the cop, shrugging harshly to get out of his grip. Many sets of footsteps and metal clanging was heard from below, meaning the cops and paramedics were almost here. I elbowed Morgan in the chest, and ran into the building.

"Kid, wait -" he shouted, before I couldn't hear him. There was a loud ringing in my ears, and I couldn't even muster out a scream as I saw the sight in front of me. I weakly walked to  the boy lying on the floor, with his eyes shut and blood surrounding him. I fell to my knees next to him and put my hand in his tussled, bloody hair.

"Dy- Dylan?" I squeaked out, my gaze not being able to look away from the still boy. He didn't answer, and I couldn't breathe.

"Dylan! Dylan, wake up. You need to be okay. Dylan, I - I love you. You can't be dead, please come back, " I choked out. Morgan's heavy footsteps drawled closer to me. I didn't bother wiping my tears away, rather, I picked up Dylan's limp body and held his head carefully in the crook of my arm. Morgan kneeled down, and put one hand on my shoulder. I began rocking back and forth, tears falling onto Dylan's ripped clothing. People came rushing through the door, and the paramedics ran over to where I was positioned.