Chapter 29

Brandon's POV

I looked up at the model-like man that had chosen to ask me out. My head was resting on his chest as we were watching a movie. He looked down at me and smiled, "Whatcha thinking, babe?"

I smiled at him, "Just about you."

"Oooh, what about?"

"Your good looks, your movie taste, your wonderful ability to cook," I paused and thought about Dylan's face as soon as he saw Wayne.

"What is it?" Wayne asked. Dylan's face was full of surprise, but not in a good way. It was like he saw Wayne and was instantly afraid of him. But, why? Wayne's basically a puppy that hasn't leant to walk right yet. Dylan, now that I think about it, had had a very uncomfortable body position the entirety of his stay, and seemed quick to get out of my door.

"Babe?" Wayne asked again.

"Oh, uh," I began, "Do you know Dylan?"

"Before today, I don't think so. If I had somehow met him, I think I would remember him. I normally don't forget faces."

"Oh, okay," I turned my head back to the TV.

"Why?"

"Oh, I don't know. He just wasn't acting like himself earlier, and I found it odd."

"You know him well?"

"He's my best friend. I mean, we don't hang out as often as we used to or as much as we would both like because of family things or him hanging out with Luke."

"Who?"

"His boyfriend. They have quite a weird story. Luke started out as his bully, but something happened. I'm not sure what, but they soon began dating, and I've never seen Dylan so happy. He always has a carefree and worriless look on his face... except for today."

Wayne repositioned himself on the couch, "Maybe they're having troubles."

"I guess that could be. Luke is lowkey bipolar. He gets angry easily, and I've heard a little bit of Dylan's past, and I don't want him going through any of what he had gone through at his old school to happen again."

"What happened?"

"I can't tell, that's rude, you know."

"But I'm your boyfriend, you can tell me anything. Come on babe," he begged, dragging out the 'a'.

"Long story short he was bullied by this prick of a guy and his douchebag friends daily for being gay. At the time, he wasn't even sure he was gay though. He said he was confused, which is natural for anyone who feels against the norm of society. But they would take him places, stab him, punch him, physically and mentally hurt him, everyday. He still has a scab that's finally scarring from the last time those assholes hurt him."

Wayne was quite for an eerily long time before he cleared his throat, "Well, that's fucked up. I wonder what goes through the heads of those guys. It's probably something personal though."

"What? Bullies treat the victims how they were treated? NO. Bullies like them, they just want to feel better about themselves. They're lowlifes. They'll never find true love, nor will they ever find true happiness as they can only think about how someone else has it better than them or is different than them."

"That could be."

The movie was nearing an end, so I stood up and walked into the kitchen to get a bag of original chips. When I walked back into the living room, Wayne was gone. I sat on the couch  and began chomping away, when I heard his voice from upstairs. I crept up the stairs and quietly followed the voice.

"Yeah, I know. Don't worry," I heard the voice from the speakerphone.

"I know. I knew it was, but now I'm sure. I didn't expect this to happen, but we have things that need to be finished, and now's the chance."

"I know, Wayne. We've been waiting forever, "I heard the speaker voice and another voice in the background laugh.

"I'll let you guys know if I need anything."

"Keep us updated."

"I will," the call ended and I heard the toilet begin to flush. I ran downstairs and flew onto the couch, eating the chips as I had been before. By the time Wayne got down, my heart rate had slowed down to normal and I had a mouthful of chips. He sat next to me and wrapped his arm around me, grabbing a couple chips from the bag with his free hand.

"Anything else you wanna watch?" I asked once I finished swallowing the chips.

"Anything is okay with me, babe."

I stood up and walked to our movie cabinet, "Um, it's between Jurassic World, Jurassic Park II, or the original Journey to the Center of the Earth."

"Journey, then," Wayne replied, his mouth full of salty chips.

"Journey it is," I said, plopping the original VHS tape into our VCR.

I sat back down onto the couch, and Wayne looked at the VCR, "Wow, I didn't know those still existed."

"Yeah, they do. We have four, I know Dylan has three, and they have working one's at Goodwill and everything. They just aren't used as often as they used to be."

"When DVD's started really coming out I remember going, 'well, I only have to rewind the VHS, but I have to click play to get the actual movie started' and I would always contemplate with myself which was better."

"Really? I didn't know that that was a thing," I chuckled.

"Your hair isn't naturally blond, is it?"

"No, it's dyed. It's really a light brown. But almost blond, so I dye it lighter," I laugh.

He rubbed his hand though my hair and his phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out and sighed, "I'm sorry babe. Today has to be cut short. I just got a text from my dad; I have to help him at the site."

"Awe, can't you help another time?"

"I'm afraid I can't. This contract is due at the end of the month, and we'll be buried in the cement if we don't get it done," he groaned.

"Okay, fine. We'll finish the movie later?"

"Of course, Brandon," he smiled, kissing me on the lips before standing up. I walked him to the door and looked down as he walked out. I was about to shut the door when it was stopped by a strong force. I turned around and looked up to see Wayne. He smiled at me and grabbed me by my cheeks. He planted his lips on mine and I went limp. My heart began to race, and I closed my eyes, my face on fire. He stopped the kiss that I had been so in to, and bit his lip before sighing and walking away. I shut the door behind me and walked back into the living room and clicked play on the movie.

Damn.