Chapter 26

Luke's POV

Okay. This is it. Can I do this? Probably not. But I can sure try.
I went up and knocked on Dylan's front door. I pressed my hand against my chest quickly, flattening the stubborn red rose in the pocket of my black and white tuxedo. Yep. That's right. Tux. Full on, dressy pants and fancy shoes, rose in chest pocket, and hair slicked the one side fancy.
His mother answered the door and grabbed my hand, pulling me inside the familiar house. She tilted her head and smiled brightly, "You look lovely." She frowned and adjusted my black tie before turning back into a smile.
She pointed towards the couch, so I turned and walked to the living room, plopping down since I got there. My heart was pounding. I don't know how to date anymore. Especially with a guy.
Dylan's mother walked up the stairs and knocked on a door I'm assuming was Dylan's. The door opened and I heard her scoff before saying something about mismatching socks and how he shouldn't do that when dressing nice. I smirked to myself. A few moments later, footsteps were pounding down the stairs, and before I knew it, my handsome boyfriend was standing a few feet in front of me. I stood up, smiling at his figure. His tuxedo was also black and white, and he had a white handkerchief in his chest pocket. His black bowtie was perfectly straight, thanks to his mother fixing it like she had my tie. His hair, like mine, was combed and gelled to one side, giving me a sight of his raised eyebrows as he smiled my way. As I walked closer, I noticed light brown stubble surrounding his face, "Hey. When did you start growing facial hair, handsome?"
He chuckled, looking up at me, "Very funny. I was too lazy to shave. This is a whole weeks worth of hair, okay? I'm proud of this."
"So you're saying it takes a week for it to come out of your skin? Is that why I've never seen it on you before?"
He nodded and walked to the front door.
"Ah, nope. Where do you boys think you're going without pictures?" His mum shouted from the kitchen, scurrying in with a high resolution camera in her hand. I facepalmed before giving in to the beautiful woman who understood completly about the relationship Dylan and I had. The camera fluttered on, the lens adjusting to the brightness of the family room. "Now make some poses, boys," she said with a smile.

X X X X X X X X X

We pulled up to an all you can eat Italian buffet. It cost the same as the regular restaurants, but all you can eat? Like of course I'm coming here! Dylan stepped out of my truck and walked to the drivers side. I got out and locked the doors before we made our way in, hand in hand.
"Table for two, please," I told the small waitress in front of me. She saw our fingers entangled in each other and gave us a knowing smirk. She walked us back to a secluded area, where the lights were dimmed and the noise of talkative people were lowered to a murmur. Dylan and I sat on opposite ends of each other and waited to order our drinks. He decided on water, and I went pink lemonade.
When we met back up with each other, a plateful of pasta and pizza for both of us, we dug in.
"Oh my god, this is phenomenal!" Dylan chewed. I laughed and filled my own mouth with a forkful of fettuccine alfredo. The night continued on with conversations about the food, the people, and believe it or not, how a person can change another without either of them realising it.

A/N
I know I know. Short chapter. Oh well, sue me (no please don't do that I would be scared shitless ;~;). The book is going to end soon I think. Oh no! School is getting difficult so it's hard to balance writing for fun and writing 5-page essays on how one adjective about yourself describes you and your entire background and life. Like, really English teacher? One adjective?
Anyways, I'll try to write as much as I can. I wanna keep you lot happy with me and this story x
Time for cheesecake at 10pm!