Chapter 24

A/N omg guys I apologise greatly for such the long wait. I couldn't get Wattpad to work so I just kinda gave up (and the story is just getting decent , too. Well, here ya go!!

Dylan's POV

Okay... So was he being honest? My heart was pounding rapidly and my throat felt scratchy. I opened my mouth just to shut it again. The boy who just claimed to love me put his thumb on my chin and rubbed gently, "Dylan, I'll catch you. I'm willing to catch you right now. I've never had a boyfriend, nor had I ever intended on having these weird chick flick moments, but I am. And it's with you, so please, give me the chance. Trust fall." Luke smiled my way and the vein in my neck started pulsing. I'm going insane. Say something dummy... accept the fact that you love him...
"I... I love you too," I say before gently slapping him on the head, "you big dork."
"I am so not a whale's dick."
I pursed my lips and cocked an eyebrow.

After getting out of the bath, I stole his basketball shorts and put on the shirt that was sprawled on the floor. Well, it was Luke's shirt, so it was, of course, a wife beater. I finger combed my hair and watched Luke in all his glory. He had only a pair of red and black plaid boxers. Boxers don't suit many people, but they certainly did on him. He opened his door and pushed me out of his room. He mysteriously walked out front to his truck, and after moments of confusion, he came back in wearing a black pair of shorts and the same grey coloured beater.
"Get in the truck, Juliet," he joked.
"Are you implying that we're going to kill a few people, including ourselves, for a love that was forbidden?" I ask.
"Meh, you're just the girl in this relationship. Now come one."
We hopped in the car and drove down the street. After about half an hour, I asked where we were headed. No reply. Great, I thought, I confessed my feelings and now he's gonna murder me. Oh, Dylan.
We came to a sudden stop and I jolted forward.
"We're almost there," Luke informed me.
He got out of the truck and walked around to open my door. I jumped out and walked beside him through a plethora of trees and wild grass. A branch I hadn't seen smacked me in the face, causing me to hold my cheek for another minute as we continued walking through the tangled mess of the little forest.
I wouldn't call it a forest because it was only about a mile of trees scrunched together, according to Luke. I looked up from my feet when he had stopped in front of me. There were a few huge trees, oak I'm assuming, twisting round each other, branches and leaves dangling everywhere. Luke started to climb up the tree closest to us.
"I've never climbed a tree," I speak.
"Step where I step, trust me, you'll be fine," he looks down at me.
I gulp and grab onto the thick branch before stepping up. I try paying attention to what branches he's using, all the while trying to watch my shaky hands and clumsy feet. After climbing up for what seemed like an eternity (but in reality three metres at best), I reached the middle of all the intertwined oak trees. There was a square board placed on the trees centre point, and I gasped
"Come here, I wanna show you something," Luke said, gesturing toward the end on the board on the opposite side of me. I walked over to him and put my hands on his shoulders and tiptoed so I could get my eyes a little above his shoulder height. Some thin branches were moved out of the way and I peered through the hole.
It was glorious to say the least. My eyes opened wide and I gawked at the scene. The sun was halfway in the sky, with only a few little clouds in sight. The mountains were in perfect view, and the song Purple Mountain Majesty popped to my mind for some odd reason. I looked down, and there was a billowing lake, it's dark blue waters calm and silent. Three Willow trees' leaves blew in the breeze, the loose ones falling into the shimmering water. Around the lake? Grass. It seemed like it could go on forever. The blades calmly tossing to the side from the same breeze. A cute little cottage could be seen by the lake, a mere mile away, if that. I wanted to go and splash in the water and make friends with the person in the cottage.
"This is the first time I've shown anybody this place. And unless someone stumbled upon it, you and I are the only ones who know of it," Luke said, enjoying the view.
"How did you find it?" I ask.
"I'm a trouble maker," he smirked, "I used to run away when I was like thirteen, then I'd just sneak out at night and they to make it here by jogging. Now I just leave and come here when best fit."
"I know nothing about you, really..."
"You know enough."
"Tell me your story, please? You've heard mine."
"I've heard part of yours. I'll tell you mine if you finish yours, too."
I nod slowly and go to the middle of the board and sit down. He follows, sitting across from me. I look into his eyes, and I see dark circles around the lower portion, and veins lining his eye.
"Okay... so it started when I was 8,". He started.