Chapter 27

Dylan's POV

I laid on my bed, landing with a thud. A smile crept onto my face as I thought of the night Luke and I had. Nothing sexual, just laughter, talking, and food. A lot of food. I don't know, being with Luke isn't as bad as I thought. He's nicer now, but I feel like he's still anxious to show his infatuation with me at school. My phone rang, and the call read Brandon.

"Hey! How are you, dude? You've been with Luke so much lately I haven't been able to get you to answer!" Brandon basically shouted through the phone. I winced at the loudness of his voice.

"Yeah, I know. He told me he loves me a couple days ago, and we went out for dinner and a movie tonight. In tuxedo's, too. Going to a movie like that made me feel classy as frick," I smiled.

"I was thinking we should hang out tomorrow, if you can? I met someone and I really want you two to meet. It would be bad if my man doesn't approve of my best friend."

"No problem! Casual wear? What's he like?"

"Dress casually, it's just a get together at my place. And he's tall. Six feet and... four inches I believe. So, not as tall as Luke, but still taller than us. And he has gorgeous eyes. I'm a sucker for brown, and his are like melted caramel being spun onto an apple. I melt into his eyes when I see him. He has a tattoo on his shoulder. I've only seen it once but I think it was something like an anti-possession symbol next to the Eye of Ra. It looks badass," there was a long pause, "OH! And he is kinda built like me, too. Same body type, just stretched up."

"We sound like girls but that's good for you, man! I'm glad you found someone!"

I heard a doorbell ring from Brandon's side of the phone, "Hey, I gotta go. My hubby is here, I'll see you tomorrow, say nine in the morning?"

"No problem," I said before the call ended.

X X X X X X X X

"I'm on my way to Brandon's house, Luke," I sighed through my mobile again.

"I don't like him," he huffed in return.

"I know, but he's my best friend and he wants to introduce me to his boyfriend."

"Fine then. Don't spend time with me. I'll see you on Monday then."

"Yeah, you too. And hey?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"I love me too."

"Luke!"

"I'm joking," he chuckled, "I love you too."

I clicked end and pulled up to my friends house. It was odd, being here after not seeing him for the past few days. I rang the doorbell and looked at the window to see my pale skin with a black tee and jean shorts on. I popped my toe inside of my black and white converse, and the door opened. Brandon smiled and shook my hand before hugging me. I hugged back, and before you know it, I was sat in his living room waiting for his 'hubby' to get out of the bathroom.

"Sorry it took me so long, I love cold showers so much," a very husky voice said from across the hall. Footsteps became louder and a body appeared. The guy had a white towel around his hair, his head titled to the side as he started rubbing it to get the moisture out of his hair. I couldn't see his face due to the towel and the humongous hands.

"It's okay, babe," Brandon replied, smiling in my direction, "I don't think Dylan minds."

The guy stopped what he was doing and moved the towel off of his head and down to his side. He locked eyes with me and gave a quick sinister-looking grin. My heart dropped. I knew that face.  

"Hey Dylan, I'm Wayne," he said, pretending to be polite.

I said nothing, only nodded. After a very long awkward silence, Brandon stood up and hugged Wayne. I felt a frog in my throat and I thought for sure that I was going to vomit. The two were whispering to each other, so I pulled out my phone and was about to text Luke when a voice cleared. His husky voice stood out, "Have we met before? You look oddly familiar."

My eyes widened as he sat next to me. Again, I did nothing. Brandon clapped his hands, "You two get to know each other, I'm gonna go make popcorn and choose a few movies for us to watch. Also, I'll make some frozen waffles if you want any?"

I shook my head, and the terrible guy next to me shook his head, too. With that, Brandon bolted off into the kitchen. There was terrifying silence, until I heard the microwave start.

Maybe he had changed. Maybe he wasn't a sex-addicted psychopath anymore. Maybe he had changed for the better.

"Remember when we were together?" Wayne asked, scooting closer to me, and pressing his nose against my ear. I said nothing.

"I never knew that I would see you again, although it was on my list to torture you again. Ah, remember those days?" He nibbled at my ear lobe. I gulped and felt myself start shaking.

"It can still be fixed, you know. All it takes is letting me get a piece of you. You've grown a lot, and I'm assuming you have an even better ass," he growled lowly. I started rubbing my thumbs, trying not to bolt up and leave my best friends house without a warning. I went to grab my phone, but Wayne grabbed it before me and tossed it onto the couch across from us, "Going to text your pathetic guy? He can never have you, you're still mine. And you always fucking will be." He moved away from his close proximity just before my bubbly friend appeared.

"Everything okay?" He questioned.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I got to know your friend, he's rather interesting, aren't you? I'm a good person, babe. I think I'm growing on him," Wayne replied. Brandon gave me a concerned look. I was never this quiet around him. He pulled out the Fast and the Furious movies and asked which one we wanted to watch. I stood up and grabbed my phone and cleared my throat, "I'm sorry Brandon, but I'm going to leave. Text me later, I wouldn't want to ruin your guys' time together." The words tasted bitter coming from my mouth. I received a disappointed look from Brandon and a sly smirk from the douche.

I walked out the door, making sure to shut it tight, before bolting to my car and dialing Luke's number. I was out of breath, and I could tell my voice was going to be shaky, based off of the heart that seemed to pound harder and harder every time it beat.

I heard him pick up, and I had to tell him, "He's back!"

"What?" Luke replied.

"He's back. I never thought I'd run into him again, especially here, but he's back and he recognizes me. Luke, I don't want to die. He'll kill me. Why does this always happen? I'm so scared and I just needed to tell someone but I don't really talk to anyone and I-"

"Calm down. First of all, you aren't going to die for at least another sixty or seventy years. Secondly, who is back?"

A lump formed in the back of my throat, I didn't want to say it. I couldn't say his name.

"Dylan? Come on, Dyl. What's wrong?"

"Wayne."

A/N

Heyo, Cat here. The evil ex is back! What's going to happen?

I don't know! And you don't know either! (Well actually I do know...)