Ep 14 - Plunder the Sea

(The curtain rises on Water Land and the title is shown.)

(One day at Toad's house, Mario opens a book on the coffee table and starts to read it.)

Luigi: Mario, what're you reading?

Mario: This book of Toad's talks about a pirate ship that sank in the Mushroom Sea centuries ago!

(Princess runs in, looking depressed.)

Toad: What's wrong, Princess?

Princess: I just talked to the Mushroom treasurer! He said we're spending too much money on repairs from Koopa's attacks! And I don't know where we can get more money!

Mario: Hey, it says that the ship sank with its treasure still on it! Apparently, no one has gone after it yet! We can go retrieve it!

Princess: Great! Good luck, you guys! Toad and I have to stay behind and do paperwork.

(Mario and Luigi, in Frog Suits, come out of a warp pipe underwater.)

Mario: Alright, we're here! Now, I think that the treasure's over in that direction. Let's go!

(They swim off.)

Blooper: It's the Mario Bros.! I'd better warn King Koopa!

(Cut to Castle Koopa. A Koopa Troopa runs up to Koopa, who is sitting on his throne.)

Troopa: Your royal wretchedness, the Mario Bros. are entering Koopa territory! They're in the Mushroom Sea!

Koopa: An underwater attack? They may be clever, but they'll never outsmart me!

Luigi: Mario! How much further?

Mario: I think it's down that trench!

(They start to swim down the trench.)

Luigi: Yeesh, it's getting dark! No wait, it's light again!

Mario: That's not light! That Lava Lotus is after us!

(They manage to escape the fireballs and the Lava Lotus.)

Luigi: Watch out for the Jelectros!

(They swim under the cluster of Jelectos, only to appoach a Boss Bass.)

Luigi: Any ideas?

Mario: I got it!

(Mario punches a Note Block and a Fire Flower pops out. He uses it to gain fire power, but sacrifices his Frog Suit. Mario shoots some fireballs at the Boss Bass.)

Luigi: Good thinking! That fire power will come in handy! And the fireballs are a good light source! Hey, Mario, it's getting too bright, tone it down a bit!

Mario: But I'm not shooting anything!

Luigi: It's the doomsub!