Beginning

Rodent: fucking hell

I rolled my eyes as I stepped out of the truck that brought me. My boots thudding on the ground, the bells on my ram skull whistling at the strong wind as I walked over to the man standing beside the helicopter. He was odd looking, big bushy beard, older then my dad.

Price: assuming your the one they call rodent.

He stuck out his hand. My ears flattened preventing the strong gusts of winds from blowing dust in them. I stared at his hand before chuckling.

Rodent: I don't shake captain

I said hovering my hand above my eyes blocking the sun as I looked at him. He had a hearty laugh before waving me over to the helicopter. We sat inside as we flew off to camp. I looked over at the papers on his clipboard he was observing. He chuckled as he saw my curiosity.

Price: curious are we? Just looking over your file. Your quite the person I'll have to say.

I tensed up as he said that. My tail instinctively wrapping around me. I looked out along the thick dense forest. It was odd, I excepted a waist land.

Price: not our normal base, had to move but I like it better out here, better on the boys.

Boys? That's right it was all men, I had read all there files, Soap, Gaz, Alex, Price, Alejandro and Ghost. The man with no picture and the shortest document of them all. He definitely brought some curiosity, some questions that I would get answers to.

As we settled down on the landing pad I saw a group standing infront of the entrance to the main building. They where all very tall and big. I stepped out of the helicopter, my cloak blowing in the cool wind exposing a large assortment of leather bags hanging off my belt. The looks received from everyone where very much everything but greeting.

The look of shock that I would be the new sniper. The look of confusion by my wolf features. Me and Price walked towards them all.

Price: I would like to welcome our new sniper.

He placed his hand firmly on your shoulder.

Price: this is y/n or more formally known as rodent.

No one said anything. I observed the faces. Matching the names to the face when my eyes stopped on Ghost. He was massive without a doubt. He had a angered expression. Why?

Rodent: im rodent.
Everyone: nice to meet you.

Everyone else parted ways besides one person. The one known as Soap. He walked over to you sticking out his hand. My ears perked up as he got close.

Soap: the names soap lad
Rodent: I don't shake

He laughed putting his hand back to his side.

Soap: you'll fit in nice here las.

He walked away with the rest. I felt someone staring a hole through my soul. My body tensed as I turned and saw Ghost leaning against a wall observing me before pushing himself and walking off. For such a big man he didn't make a single noise. Price walked up chuckling.

Price: don't mind him. He won't bite

He walked off and I followed behind, my tail swaying as I walked, the bells and accessories making small noises as I walked.

Price: this is the kitchen, and gathering room

He walked down a hall pointing.

Price: briefing room, all the quarters here. Your room will be 305. Since your.........conditions you have the biggest room, accompanied with a decent bathroom.

He continued walking and pointing.

Price: the gym and down at the end is the armory and outside is the range and training area.

He turned and looked at you, handing you a set of keys and a stack of papers.

Price: these papers are to be finished by the briefing in the morning at 06:00. The keys are for your room. Alejandro will be cooking a big meal tonight at the fire, wouldn't miss it.

He walked away with his hand behind his back. I walked to my room, reading the numbers on the doors. 303, 304 finally 305. I stuck the key in the door jangling it and pushing my weight into the door getting it to open. I tripped as it suddenly loosened my boots thudding on the ground. I took the keys out of the door and looked around the room. A queen bed, in wall closet, lots of shelves, a desk and rolling chair. I opened the bathroom door flipping on the light, black and white tiles, stone shower with glass door, stone counter, in counter sink, toilet and storage cabinet with toilet paper and 4 black towels layed neatly on the towel rack and 4 black wash clothes in the cabinet.

I returned back to the main part of my room looking at my boxes sitting in a stack in the middle of the floor. A box ontop wrapped neatly with a tag. "From task 141. Welcome to the team" I chuckled opening it and seeing a pack of black calf high socks but in bold white text it said "I like big men" on the socks. I rolled my eyes throwing the socks on my bed as I opened my first box.

The box full of books, I placed them in alphabetical order on my book shelf, next where my journals, I placed them laying flat at the end of my bookshelf, the next box was full of clothes and my uniforms, 1 green and the rest black. I hung up my clothes in the closet along with taking off my boots and setting them in the closest. I slid on the socks soap got me with a chuckle as I took off my ram skull sitting it on my desk and taking off my balaclava. I rustled my short bright blue Mohawk, I really needed a trim and a side shave.

I readjusted my glasses on my bare face as I took off my cloak, bags, accessories and uniform. I put on a pair of baggy basketball shorts and a black oversized hoodie, I tied on my black converse and put on a simple black mask. I walked out of my room, locking the door as I left, I put my keys and phone in my pocket and walked outside to the camp fire, everyone was sitting in chairs around the camp fire as they ate pulled pork toasted sandwiches. A weird dish none the less. I sat in a chair next to soap as I took a bite out of the sandwich, it was amazing. Soap handed me a beer, I cracked it open using the ring on my middle finger and took a long sip of it.

There was that feeling again. I looked up and Ghost was staring directly at me, his skull mask still placed on his face, I stopped mid bite of my sandwich, my ears perked up as I maintained eye contact with him, he lifted up the bottom of his mask as he took a slow sip out of his bourbon glass, he had a disqusting short blond beard, his pale pink lips, a scar running from his lips up his chiseled jaw.

He put his mask down as he maintained eye contact. What did this man want, did he know something I didn't? Was he just trying to get under my skin? Was I insane?