New girl

A week passed and you had made a full recovery.

I jumped up and quickly got dressed in my uniform, this was my first mission in 2 weeks. Sure it was only a simple infiltration but still.

I grabbed all the things I needed and walked out the door, my tail wagged quickly as I made my way to the briefing room. I froze when I felt a firm grip on my shoulder.

I turned around slowly and saw Ghost staring down at me.

Ghost: "where are you going?"

Rodent: "the briefing room? Like everyone else"

He looked at me confused. His face hid his features but I could still tell he was confused.

I pushed off his hand and opened the briefing door, everyone else already gathered there. I sat down at the end of the table, Ghost sitting across from me.

Price: "ah nice to see you recovered well sergeant Rodent."

I nodded my head softly in approval readjusting my skull.

Price: "today we'll be introducing a new member"

My ears perked up confused, no one has left, why do we need someone new?

The door opened and a girl walked in, 4'11, no tits all ass. She had multiple tattoos spread across her 6 arms. Her long black silk hair, her extended ripped mouth, the fangs prominent from her mouth. What the hell was she?

I growled softly, my ear flattening. This girl was a walking red flag for this team. I could smell the double crossing rolling off her along with the intoxicating scent of her pheromones. Fuck I couldn't think they clogged my brain in a thick haze.

I shook my head trying to clear them but fuck she was so sexy. I looked around and everyone else smelled it too, their eyes glossed over with that horny haze.

I looked at Ghost, his eyes wandered her body, from her curves to her arms, my body tensed as I growled. His eyes couldn't break hers.

Price: "this is Onyx. She's our new investigator meaning you y/n will be the designated sniper."

I froze that means she'll be designated to working with Ghost and Soap. I would be alone. My tail tucked to my body. I looked down as my thoughts flooded me.

Prices loud cough as he adjourned the meeting drawn me out. I looked up and everyone left the room, Ghost following behind Oynx closely. He was still in a drunken haze by her smell.

I froze as he brushed his hand over her arm. He touches no one ever, especially rookies. I growled when Prices hand on my shoulder froze me immediately.

Price: "we don't tolerate aggression"

I scoffed as I rolled my eyes. His hand hitting my ass aggressively as he grabbed my collar forcefully whispering in my ear.

Price: "don't test me mutt. There's no need for this bratty demeanor."

He let go of me and walked away.

Price: "meet us in 10. That's if you listened to the meeting"

I froze as I realized I didn't know what the hell we were doing. I sighed and grabbed my sniper rifle and walked to the vehicles. Ghost was holding open the door for Onyx. She chuckled as she crawled into the van him closing the door behind him as he sat beside her.

I snarled as I got into the spare van with Gaz and Price, sandwiched between them. I didn't mind tight places until there were people involved. I pushed my rifle scope up and down trying to calm myself.

Gaz grabbed my thigh vigorously, his grip definitely leaving a bruise. I froze when I looked up and Gaz was looking out the window. And Price was watching the road. I stopped and tried to sit still.

We eventually arrived and I stepped out and Ghost and Soap were already leaving with Onyx. I sighed and headed the back route up a tall building and settled my stand and fixed my scope. I looked through it and saw Oynx and Ghost in a room.

He locked the door and hoasted her up onto a desk out of sight. I froze as I watched before I saw the target. I didn't radio or think before pulling the trigger. There body falling lifelessly to the ground.

Price: "y/n what the fuck did you just do"

I shattered my head set and threw my rifle over my shoulder. I couldn't think straight with the rage flowing through my body, everything burned and I swear I could murder an elephant without trying.

I walked down the building and was immediately meet with the rest of the group yelling into my face. I pushed pst them to the van, I got in the front seat. Gaz immediately opened the door and started shouting in my face.

I tuned it out as Price joined him. They got in the van and drove back to base, the air was so tense it could be cut with a knife.

We arrived back at base and I quickly stormed to my room ignoring any conformation. I took off my gear slamming it to the floor, my eyes burning, the tears finally started falling down my face.

I looked at the dry flowers hanging on my wall from him. I ripped them down and threw them on the ground stepping on them. I looked down and my hand was dripping that familiar gold from the thorns.

I sighed and walked to the bathroom with tweezers, taking each and every thorn out of my hand. I washed the blood down the drain as I wiped the tears from my face.

I walked back to my room and looked at the crushed dried flowers on the floor. I picked them up and grabbed my lighter. I walked outside to the back with the torn down cars. The cool fresh air was refreshing.

I threw the flowers on the ground. I flicked my lighter open, the golden flame softly illuminating my face and hand before I threw it on the ground ontop of the flowers. The flowers crinkled further as the flame turned them grey, to fine ash.

I watched as they burnt till the only thing left was the ash. The cool wind rattled through my body, the flame not standing a chance and blowing out.

I sighed the job was done. My ears perked up as I heard the crunch of the ground behind me. I turned around and Oynx was standing behind me with a pistol pointed directly at me.

Oynx: "so your that dumb mutt"