Fuck the first day

BEEP BEEP BEEP

You groaned as you retch over to your night stand trying to find your phone.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Y/n: fuckin hell!

I grabbed my phone on my night stand clicking the off button on the alarm. I blinked my eyes slowly as I tried to see without my glasses. I sat up rubbing my face looking around. I still wasn't used to my surroundings. I looked at my phone again.

06:36

Y/n: SHIT!

I jumped up quickly sliding on a pair of black cargo pants, my tail hanging out of the top of them. I slid on my belt and a black compression shirt that showed off my muscles and strangled my biceps. I put on my balaclava and ram skull. I quickly ran out of the door when I froze as the door clicked. I left my glasses, keys, phone and uncompleted papers in my room.

I sighed as I walked defeatedly into the briefing room. As soon as the door opened everyone stared at me.

Price: glad to see you finally join us

Everyone started whispering to themselves, I slumped into a chair next to soap, my ears flattening as I looked down in defeat.

Price: and I see no paperwork

I sat in silence as Price clicked his tongue in disappointment and continued with the briefing. Everyone averted there eyes from me except for one. Ghost. He stared at me with the same cold expression as always before he stood up and walked out of the briefing room. He could do that?

I continued to sit there looking down to avoid any eyes when the meeting concluded. I stood up and tried to make it out the door before Price could catch me, but alas I failed.

Price: y/n.

I froze before turning and looking at him.

Price: I get this is your first day but you aren't putting on a "reliable image"

Y/n: i-i know and I apologize sir

Price: you won't be attending our first mission. You'll be staying here and completing the paperwork along with cleaning everything. Top to bottom, understood?

I sighed before nodding my head. He patted my shoulder as he walked away. I stepped out of the briefing room when my skeleton almost jumped out of my body.

Ghost: rookie

I turned around slowly looking up at ghost. In his hand he had my stack of papers, my keys, glasses and phone.

Y/n: t-than- how di-

I couldn't finish a sentence before he cut me off.

Ghost: don't let it happen again

He walked off to the armory with the others to prepare for the mission. I put my glasses on my face under my skull as I readjusted it. I watched them out the window as they left for the mission. I sighed as I walked to the storage closet. I stared at the array of cleaning stuff before immediately losing all urge to clean.

I had a thought of who would have speakers at the base. I thought before walking outside. I walked over to a tool box, I grabbed a pair of pliers, a socket wrench and some random wires. I walked out to the back where the rusted, old broken down vehicles.

I crawled under the car and started pulling out wires. I finally got to the stereo system and yanked it out of the car, I dragged it out from under the car. I opened the car door and yanked the speaker out of the door. I twisted a few wires together and attached a aux cord to it. I pulled the contraption into the main building and turned on my phone, I played my playlist and the speaker was so loud it shook the building. I chuckled and walked back to the storage closet.

I took off my ram skull and balaclava sitting it on the coffee table in the living room. I rustled my bright blue mow hawk before I started sweeping the floors.

After about 3 hours I finished cleaning up the entire base when everyone walked in. They quickly covered there ears due to the loud speaker. I unplugged my phone and quickly put my balaclava and ram skull back on.

Ghost: what the hell?

They all looked at the speaker I made sitting in the floor.

Price: did you make that?
Rodent: yeah. Couldn't clean without the music.

Gaz walked over examining it.

Gaz: this is the stereo out of a car captain
Price: you took this out of a car.

Ghost quickly grabbed you by the collar of your shirt and holding you in the air.

Ghost: how stupid are you!
Rodent: l-let me exp-

I quickly grabbed his wrist pressing down on his pressure point making his arm cramp and my body to fall to the floor with a thud. I shook my head my ears flopping before I looked up at them.

Rodent: there's a bunch of old models we don't use anymore in the back so I took the parts.

Price walked over to the speaker examining it

Price: you made this?
Rodent: yeah mechanics are easy.

He chuckled shaking his head before straightening up.

Price: welcome to the team rodent.

Everyone walked off besides Ghost and Soap.

Soap: you where always good at this nerdy shit.

He punched your arm before walking off. My tail started wagging quickly before I looked up at Ghost, hoping for some type of praise.

Ghost: clean this up.

My tail stopped wagging at his blank tone. I scoffed before picking up my speaker and carrying it to my room. I took the keys out of my pocket unlocking my door and walking in. I sat my speaker down in the corner.

I sighed as I flopped onto my bed. I closed my eyes as I finally got comfortable.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I groaned as I stood up walking to the door and opening it. It was Price staring down at me.

Price: I need you for something.......